We stayed two nights at the Aston Beach Tower before our cruise on the Pride of America. We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm after our long flight from the east coast. The hotel is a bit hard to find as the entrance is on the side street. I knew it was near the McDonalds. Once we arrived we were greeted by the super friendly staff.
We had a one bedroom (2103 if I remember correctly). The room was in great shape except for the air conditioner (more on that in a bit). The layout is very nice and the furniture was in great shape, The balcony was a great size and the furniture was very comfortable. I did not realize though till the next morning that the ice maker had to be turned on so we didn't have ice till that night. The room comes with coffee which was nice. I didn't realize and had brought our own.
The hotel is up past the major craziness of Waikiki which was nice and beach was a short walk across the street and we walked to the Outrigger Waikiki in less than 10 minutes. The valet was quick and gave us a map which we kept for our entire trip to help us get to the H1 and told us to visit the Pali lookout when we ventured to the North Shore the day after we arrived. I am so glad they told us. The view was tremendous.
After returning we explored and found the pool. It looked great but we choose to go into the ocean instead. If we had more time than we would have used the pool.
The only issue we had was the air conditioner in the room. The first night it did not shut off. I got up during the night and found a long sleeve shirt and put it on. We told the front desk on our way out. We returned that evening and found that the heat was on and the room was up near 90. We told them and then went out. We came back quite a while later and they were still working on the unit. We were told that they didn't have the part to fix it that night but they could rig it to run all night again. We had them rig it. We could deal with the cold better than the heat. I put pillows from the couch and chairs on top of the tv cabinet in the bedroom to keep it from blowing directly on us. It worked.
We addressed this issue the next morning when we checked out and the lady at the front desk told me that she would address it with her manager when he returned about issuing a credit. Well the credit card bill came and no credit. I called the hotel and was credited one night of our stay for our inconvenience. I ordinarily don't do things like that but the problem was not fixed the first time and we were kept out of our room for nearly three hours while it was being fixed at night. It was almost 11 when we got back into our room and our bodies thought it was 4 am. We had to get up early to go to Pearl Harbor the next morning so we could not sleep in.
Would we stay here again. Yes in a heartbeat. The location is great. The walkway off the main drag is nice as it was an instant escape from there.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach
- Waikiki Beach Tower
- Aston Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Tower Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Waikiki's most luxurious condominium resorts, Aston Waikiki Beach Tower provides the perfect combination of condominium living and exclusive hotel-quality service. Conveniently located near the center of Waikiki's main stretch, the hotel offers easy access to an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, activities and exciting nightlife. The resort is also just steps away from a wide variety of ocean activities from surfing to snorkeling and parasailing to sunset cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.