My husband and I are HGVC owners and brought my parents and brother and sister-in-law to Oahu for a week. We chose the Lagoon Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for our stay. We reserved one two bedroom and one studio. This was our first use of vacation points and we did a great deal of research before reserving and arriving. In addition, all but one of us had been to Oahu several times.
We were impressed with the Lagoon Tower. It is a great location, right on Waikiki Beach. The tower is clean and nicely decorated. Staff was pleasant and check-in was simple and expedient. Our room was lovely, not Four Seasons luxurious, but very nice with two bedrooms, two baths, a good-sized, well-stocked kitchen, flat-screen television with DVD player, dining area, televisions in both bedrooms and two spacious, full bathrooms. Our lanai was fantastic. We stayed on the 18th floor and had a lovely ocean view (which we had reserved). We looked over the lagoon and the beach/ocean beyond.
I must address other comments as I have read many on this site. I understand construction can be quite bothersome. Luckily, the HHV seems to be done with this phase. The lagoon/swimming pool is complete, so should not be an issue anymore. I always suggest that this is something that people who are travelling should ask about. I am a world traveller and have lived overseas for almost eight years. These are questions that must be asked when you book! In addition, in a "timeshare" situation like the Lagoon Tower or other HGVC properties - maid service is not available every night. If you are staying at least seven days, they clean your room once. Just as if you were renting a home or condo, maid service is not every day. Having said that, all we had to do to have someone collect our trash or request extra towels was make a quick call to guest services and voila...trash collected and new towels within minutes.
We truly enjoy the freedom that renting a superior "condo" allows us...we can prepare our own meals, saving money and frustration. We have somewhere to relax other than our hotel beds. It was nice and refreshing.
The property is huge with access to all Village shopping, swimming pools, and acitivites. We made use of a couple of the pools and were not disappointed. If one was busy we went to the next, or just enjoyed the beach. If it is too busy, head to the Northshore - beautiful area!
In addition, people should realize that it is not the fault of Hilton that Oahu and specifically Waikiki Beach is busy - this is what it is. If you are looking for a tropical paradise, you should do more research and stay on one of the other islands like Maui or Kauai. Oahu is busy and crowded on the Waikiki Beach/Honolulu side. It is commercial and noisy, although there are still beautiful parts on the Windward and Northshore parts of the Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village®, you'll have access to the Village's spectacular amenities, including an exercise facility to maintain your workout routine, over 20 restaurants and lounges, complimentary shows and live events, first-class shopping and a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village® offers studios, one and two bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at Hilton Hawaiian Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Honolulu Hilton
- Hawaiian Hilton Village
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites At Hilton Hawaiian Village Hawaii/Honolulu