“"Location, Location, Location"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Sands Hotel

You added White Sands Hotel to your Saves list
White Sands Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   431 Nohonani St., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts Waikiki)   |
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“"Location, Location, Location"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our first time in Hawaii and were very scepticle about the hotels in the area, however, we were pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff, Jason & Christieann, were very friendly and helpful in making suggestions to activities and eateries in the area and how to get to them. Rooms were clean, roomy and comfortable. Sure, the furnishings are older, but, in good shape. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful when needed. The courtyard around the pool is beautiful, better looking then some other hotels in the area. The waterfall and tropical landscaping is good looking and pleasant to be in. I was impressed that the staff kept it well kept and clean. Staff was constantly sweeping and keeping the area clean. We felt very welcome and comfortable. Will definitely recommend to friends & family planning a trip to Hawaii. The price and the location are perfect. A couple of blocks from the beach, one of main streets at end of block, bus stop, groceries,or restaurants and bars around the corner. Perfect location for the price!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great around the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Aloha sram3371,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on your vacation.

I appreciate you mentioned Aqua White Sands hotel is perfect location for price. And you enjoyed our clean rooms, pool area, courtyard landscaping etc.

I am glad to hear that you complemented on our staff, especially Christieann, Jason and the housekeeping staff who were friendly and helpful. I will acknowledge and recognize their efforts in providing exceptional customer services to you.

Your comments are very important to us and will be used to improve our services to the valued guests.
Again, I appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Gresham, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Back again for another year! Had another wonderful experience at the White Sands! Thank you to the staff for always being friendly and making my home away from home feel cozy and wonderful! Using the bbq to cook my Costco meat was really amazing, and cost me way less than going out to eat. I love to go for long walks on the canal and check out the fish and coral in the water.

Room Tip: They have rooms with pool views, but I tend to like the rooms that look over the street. The hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Aloha Gary H,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It is great to hear you always choose Aqua White Sands Hotel for your hospitality needs. And you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate you mentioned our staff were always friendly and made you feel "home sweet home", I will pass this message to them and acknowledge their efforts in providing great customer services to our valued guests.

When you plan to visit us again next year, please feel free to contact me. I personally thank you for always choosing Aqua White Sands, see you soon.

Kaufman Tex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 5 years ago when it was the Celebrity Resorts timeshares. Not much has changed. The put my wife and I in a room with two twin beds. We could have waited until another room was available but we were so tired we didn't care. The bedspread and pillows were fair, the bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it. The courtyard and pool area are are kept very well. The hot tub is closed and will not re-open.This hotel is in an ideal location and the staff couldn't have been better. The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors have no views whatsoever except for an ugly apt bldg.The shower did have mildew in it.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor in a room that opens out to the pool. Remember there are no elevators
Aloha firefighter57,

I am happy to hear that you felt our hotel has good location, good rates, great staff and you also enjoyed courtyard and pool area.

Situation about the bed and shower was brought to our housekeeping supervisor's attention and corrective measures have been taken.

We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit! When you plan to visit the paradise again, please feel free to contact me and I will update you about the hotel and Hawaii events. Again, thank you for choosing Aqua white sands hotel for your hospitality needs.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is our second time at this property this year. Christianne and Christina greet each and every guest like you are coming home and they have known you for years-even on your 1st time. This is not a fancy hotel by any means. There is no restaurant, fitness center or pool bar, but close to plenty, out both the front and back door. They are just 1 block from the only supermarket in Waikiki. The rooms are old and dated but the beds are fine for comfy sleep. They have new flat screen tv's, and internet is available. The internet is good for 24 hours of use, over 12 days. quite cool esp when u just want to look up something local quickly. I think they are all units with kitchen facilities, both times we had a kitchen, although the layout is different in each of the buildings. It's nice to be able to prepare a meal or 2, esp when staying for a while. The grounds are lush with foliage, especially given all the concrete that surrounds the area. The pool is very nice-7 feet deep and lots of chairs to sit around. It there are only a few people at the pool at 1 time, it seems. we hang there all day, very relaxing. The new manager is quite a pip-full of energy and very cheerful. What emanates here is true aloha spirit, that makes you feel at home and truly part of their family in a very relaxed, laid back environment. Gives me a real warm fuzzy. We are booking our Feb trip before we leave.

Room Tip: there are no elevators, so those with disabilities should request a lower floor.
Aloha SFLollyPopCouple,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on tripadvisor. It is always helpful to have your feedback and we will use it to improve our service as we always strive to improve the quality of your stay at Aqua White Sands Hotel.

I am glad you complimented on Christieann and Cristina ’s exceptional customer services, I assure they will be recognized for their hard work, friendliness and commitment and they made you felt “Ohana”.I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our pool area.

Again, thank you for choosing Aqua White Sands for your February trip before you leave. See you in 4 months.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visit my son often in Honolulu and am always on the look-out for inexpensive stays. White Sands Hotel was great for my budget with clean rooms and super-friendly staff. Christieann's smile greeted me every morning! There is a small well-kept pool and common area with a "waterfall". I realize 'no-frills' isn't for everyone, and finding a good budget hotel in Honolulu is a crap shoot, but I think White Sands Hotel was exactly what I was looking for in cleanliness, hospitality, location and price. Thanks to all for a great stay!

Room Tip: There's no elevator so you will need to carry luggage to 2nd and 3rd floors, though the staff do...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Aloha Nancy Q,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guests.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your great stay with us. I appreciated you complimented on our super-friendly staff, Christieann who always greeted you with a great smile. I will recognize and acknowledge her efforts in providing excellent services to you. You also mentioned you liked our clean and comfortable rooms, great location and value.

On behalf of the Aqua White Sands team, we truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit! I personally thank you again for choosing Aqua Hotels & Resorts for your hospitality needs.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is outdated, the rooms are painted in white but look tired, the bed and the pillows are fair, bedspread has cigarette burn holes in, not so pleasant! However, friendly staff and great location! One block away from the beach and high end shopping!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
islandcolonyaqua, General Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Aloha Younglab8808,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences with us on Tripadvisor. We truly value your feedback. It is helpful to have your feedback so that we continue to strive to improve the quality of your stay at our property.

I am very glad to hear that you felt Aqua White Sands had “great location”. And I am also pleased to hear that you compliment on our friendly staff and I will recognize and acknowledge their efforts in providing great service to our Valued guests.

Situation about the room was brought to our Executive Housekeeper’s attention, and corrective measures have been taken.

When you plan your next trip to Hawaii, please contact me directly. As our VIP guests, we will offer a free upgrade upon room availability. Again, thank you for choosing Aqua White Sands for your hospitality needs.

Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The staff are friendly and courteous. The prices are excellant. The place is clean and great for long vacations with do it yourself laundry facilities. It is centrally located and in the heart of Waikiki.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and have less AC/unit noise.
Aloha Pua Brown,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post the review of your recent stay with us on tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you felt “our prices are excellent and the best bargain in Waikiki". You also complimented on our staff who were courteous and friendly, I will acknowledge their efforts in providing excellent services to our valued guests.

We truly appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit! When you plan to visit us again, please feel free to contact me and I will update you about the hotel.

Again, I personally thank you for always choosing Aqua White Sands for your hospitality needs.

Hotel Manager

Been to White Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!