“White Sands Hotel wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of White Sands Hotel

You added White Sands Hotel to your Saves list
White Sands Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   431 Nohonani St., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts Waikiki)   |
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Courtenay, Canada
“White Sands Hotel wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Wonderful little oasis in the midst of a busy city. We stayed for 2 weeks in a pool facing room with a kitchentte. One plug in didn't work and they came and fixed it immediatly.
Our room was always cleaned well and was spotless when we arrived.The front desk people are so helpful and friendly, much better than in a big hotel.
There was a wonderful mix of people staying there even some international students who were fun to meet.
We will return again, it is within walking distance of shops and the beach

Room Tip: I think a pool facing room is prob the best. Ours was ground floor which meant we couldn't leav...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Aloha ferrychick,
Mahalo Nui for the delightful review! I am so happy that you pointed out all of the things we always strive to offer: clean rooms, our 'oasis' feel, our location & especially our friendly and helpful staff. I am sure you will return to Hawai'i again and we here at the White Sands look forward to serving you!
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Newcastle, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The pictures that you may see on line do not in any way resemble the real hotel. We had booked a week in this hotel??? from Australia. When we arrived it was located in some back street ghetto.There were people hanging off balconies playing loud music and drinking. I think there were some dead beat permanents living/squatting there. When we were shown our pool front room my wife stood inside the door and cried. It was by far the oldest, dirtiest and ill kept hotel room we had ever set eyes on.We took photos off the mould in the bathroom, the paint peeling off the walls. Lounge you could not even sit on. Bed with a big dip in the middle, stains all over the carpet (blood stains?) I would not send my dog in there. I have travelled all over Asia and this place is the pits. It is really strange but I cant find a picture of my room on line. Strange. I think the photos on line have been touched up. We ran from the hotel so fast.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else please.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Aloha Sandra495,
Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about our property. I am surprised and concerned about the cleanliness issues and unsatisfactory bed you had in your room and apologize for the inconveniences you and your family endured. I will read your review to our housekeeping staff so that they alert me if and/or when they find similar conditions so that we can address them before a guest arrives.
Regarding the location of our property, I will respectively disagree about the 'back street ghetto' description as I have lived in Hawai'i for most of my life and assure all visitors that Waikīkī is a safe and welcoming place where our industry strives to put its best foot forward. Though I do not fully understand what 'dead beat permanents' are, I can honestly report that all of our guests are full-paying customers like you, staying for the short-term.
Though we do try our best to please each and every guest, I apologize that we failed you. I do hope that in the future you may afford us another chance.
Mahalo,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here for 10 weeks as a Student and it was awesome! Very friendly and helpful staff, great central location, clean and comfortable rooms with daily roomservice, big lcd TV, own kitchen with stove, oven, microwave, fridge and more. The Roomservice cleans all the dirty dishes for no extra charge!!! Big Bathroom with Shower an big Mirror. In the Lobby is a BBQ Area with Pool and Jacuzzi! All in all perfect for the price!

• Stayed October 2012
Aloha Prometheusss,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am pleased that you seemed to have a wonderful experience here at the White Sands, that you found our staff friendly and helpful and loved our location. Hopefully you will be able to return for a vacation soon...minus the studying!
Mahalo,
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I loved our experience at the white sand hotel. The people, the locations
Was just perfect. Food,activity,shopping all at your finger tips. Not to mention the fabulous staff .
We were so pleased that we booked our rooms for the summer before we check out. It's the best value for your money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Aloha lori r,
I am so happy that you 'loved' your experience at our property and that you found our staff to be 'fabulous.' These positive reviews are always such a boost to our employee morale and I thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. Hopefully, we will see you back soon to the White Sands!
Mahalo & Go Bulldogs!
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Review of White Sands Hotel

White Sands Hotel
431 Nohonani Street Honolulu, Hawaii,
+18089247263

Good hotel for a budget stay in Waikiki if your not too concerned with high end luxury. This hotel is located approximately 1 and half blocks from Waikiki Beach and half a block from the International Market Place and about 15 miles from Honolulu International Airport. This location is also a block from the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and Waikiki Shopping Plaza and half a mile from Honolulu Zoo.

Check in at Hotel was fast and staff at front desk were always friendly. Front desk staff at my check in was lady name of Christie I believe. Very nice and helpful. Give high praise for her great efforts and customer service skills
Location is within walkind distance to Waikiki beach and many places of shopping and eating. There is a convenience store just one second from hotel and a bar next door to which makes it all very close. Room had a balcony that was nice. Also rooms were very nice and big and clean. Nice tv and beds very comfortable. There is a nice pool with hot tub for all guests.

However staying here like other properties in Waikiki the costs go very high.
Parking you pay $25 a day and get a small spot that is only on first come first serve.
However keep in mind that this is Hawaii, as other properties charge way more for their services.
You are getting a good deal at this property.
You are not guaranteed a spot everytime.
Parking lot is very small, and when full almost impossible to park. It is so small I got into a small accident with another guest’s car at hotel. Was not a pretty scene. However not hotel’s fault.

That being only one negative of this property. I like mention some more positives.
Very welcoming property and nice place to relax after a long day of exploring the island of Oahu. Close to all entertainment and easy to find when arriving into Honolulu, especially if your driving. Was not hard to find using GPS or even regular map.

Overall I would recommend this property to other travelers to Hawaii. Would recommend to singles, couples and groups. And even families.
Really its a good place to stay for someone watching their budget.
I would stay at this property again and recommend this to other people as well.

Room Tip: try for 3 floor room and you get a nice view from the balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Aloha worldtravellers123,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. It's thrilling that for such a seasoned traveller, we were able to impress you! I am also very happy to see that you singled out Christieanne for her service. Your recommendations are spot on and we all here at the White Sands look forward to your return in the future!
Mahalo Nui Loa,
Black Hawk, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at the White Sands Hotel. This is an older hotel, with a great staff and a relaxed atmosphere. There is a courtyard with pool, palm trees, fish pond and flowers, yet we were in the heart of shops, restaurants, and activities. The International Market, the King's Village, and the beach were close by. The free Hilo Hattie shuttle was just around the corner as well as bus transportation. The price was very reasonable and included a microwave and refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and clean. We would be delighted to stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: We liked being at the end of the building with only one unit aside of us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha Judy H,
Mahalo for your wonderful review! I am overjoyed that you found our location 'perfect.' We do pride ourselves on bring a true slice of Hawaiiana to the hustle & bustle of Waikīkī. We will also be 'delighted' to have you back on your next visit.
Until we meet again...Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had only one night stay there at this nice little hotel. However, I wish I could have more nights stayed there. It was on a very good location, near to all the beautiful shoppes and nice restaurants. It is extremely convenient. Surprisingly, with my very competitive price, I have got even a little kitchen. This is a surplus to people like me, who likes to cook and eat my own breakfast. My college daughter came over and we had each a large bed (although I booked only for myself). She was surprised as well, and said to me:'mom, I wish we could stay here longer." Well, next time. I told her that we will come back again to this little white sand hotel. I like the pool as well, but we love the most, is the workers at White Sand Hotel, they are very friendly and warm. We felt like we have been there a million times, although that was our first time. Only thing we found out a little disappointing is that there was not a white sand at all. "Why it's called white sand." she said. We will go back again in the future for sure!

4 Star hotel services without a star rate. It's absolutely wonderful!

Room Tip: try to book the room with pool view, and I like the first floor the best because you walk out your r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Aloha myalee,
What a wonderful Halloween treat to read your wonderful review! I am ecstatic that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and that you are sure to return in the very near future. I appreciate the great things you had to say about our property and especially for our staff. I am truly lucky to have such a dedicated team.
A Hui Hou,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Been to White Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!