“It is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Sands Hotel

You added White Sands Hotel to your Saves list
White Sands Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   431 Nohonani St., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Celebrity Resorts Waikiki)   |
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Hilo, Hawaii
“It is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had only one night stay there at this nice little hotel. However, I wish I could have more nights stayed there. It was on a very good location, near to all the beautiful shoppes and nice restaurants. It is extremely convenient. Surprisingly, with my very competitive price, I have got even a little kitchen. This is a surplus to people like me, who likes to cook and eat my own breakfast. My college daughter came over and we had each a large bed (although I booked only for myself). She was surprised as well, and said to me:'mom, I wish we could stay here longer." Well, next time. I told her that we will come back again to this little white sand hotel. I like the pool as well, but we love the most, is the workers at White Sand Hotel, they are very friendly and warm. We felt like we have been there a million times, although that was our first time. Only thing we found out a little disappointing is that there was not a white sand at all. "Why it's called white sand." she said. We will go back again in the future for sure!

4 Star hotel services without a star rate. It's absolutely wonderful!

Room Tip: try to book the room with pool view, and I like the first floor the best because you walk out your r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Aloha myalee,
What a wonderful Halloween treat to read your wonderful review! I am ecstatic that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and that you are sure to return in the very near future. I appreciate the great things you had to say about our property and especially for our staff. I am truly lucky to have such a dedicated team.
A Hui Hou,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed for two 4 night stays while in transit and found the Hotel office staff to be very helpful. We had a ground Floor Pool View room which we found to be ideal. The hotel is very handy to Restaurants and Shopping Complexes, and only a short walk to Waikiki Beach. The beds were Comfy and the Linen Clean and in good condition.had everything that was necessary in the Kitchen. We would definitely stay again, and will recommend the White Sands Hotel to our friends back in New Zealand

Room Tip: We were on Ground floor overlooking Pool area.very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Aloha Don C,
Mahalo for taking the time to write such a nice review! I agree that our Pool View rooms are ideal, as we pride ourselves as a little oasis in the middle of Waikīkī. Thank you in advance for spreading the word about our small piece of Hawai'i to all of the other kiwis. We look forward to the next time you can stay with us!
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Naalehu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

When I find a treasure I generally like to keep it to myself but this one I will share. The White Sands Hotel was a great surprise. Booked unseen and last minute, I didn’t know what to expect. I absolutely loved the “vintage Waikiki” atmosphere. The room with a well-stocked kitchenette was spacious, clean, and extremely comfortable. Even better, the price was reasonable. Additionally, the location is to die for. It is within walking distance to the beach and a morning run to Starbucks, evening strolls along Waikiki and ease of access to any of the driving lanes for other island undertaking. I will most definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Aloha L S,
Thank you for your review and spoiling our secret! I am so happy that you were pleasantly surprised by our little property's location and rather large rooms. We loved having you as a guest and hope you return in the very near future!
Mahalo,
Nelson, Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel offers great value for money in an excellent location, close to everything, beach, shops, restaurants, bus stop.... Rooms were older, but felt nice and clean and our bed was very comfortable. Definitely recommend the courtyard/pool facing rooms, but probably not the city/street facing rooms - definitely worth paying a little extra for a nicer outlook and quieter room. Staff are the real highlight here - very friendly, welcoming and helpful - a special thanks for Christieann for her fabulous positivity, cheefulness and can do attitude :-)

Room Tip: Definitely go for a pool room facing the inner courtyard (lovely pool and garden setting)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Aloha Christine P,
Mahalo for the wonderful review! Christieann is definately a shining star, so thank you for recognizing her. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and stay with us. We hope you come back to the White Sands in the very near future.
A Hui Hou,
Antioch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

good distance from everywhere. has a nice 7ft pool. the 1st floor rooms have a sliding door that goes straight to the pool/patio. outside the sliding door has 2 chairs n a table. inside the room has a good a/c and a small kitchen w/ a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, and sink. staff is friendly and quick. housekeeping does a fine job. i put a ding on cleanliness because it seems older than other hotels so it had an "old" smell when i first got inside the room, though, it quickly dissipated. i didnt see/use a restaurant/gym so i put average on ratings for both. but like the title said, i will be back for sure.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms get a patio to the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
kekuwene, Manager at White Sands Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Aloha TonyC,
Mahalo for taking the time to review our property! It is always wonderful when people return and I am so thankful that you will be one of them! We are slowly, but surely improving things at our property. Hopefully next time you won't get an 'old' smell upon arrival.
Until We Meet Again,
Moreno Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We booked thru Orbitz. Air and Hotel for a week in Honolulu At the White Sands Hotel. The white Sands is an Older but still very nice 3 story hotel. The room was nice with a small but usable kitchenette. Microwave, small fridge and we asked for a toaster and they gave us one. The rooms have nice balconies and the grounds are lush with beautiful vegitation and a Pool and Hot Tub. Pool is open till 10 at nite. Centrally located in Waikiki and within walking distance of most places you wish to go.Very friendly staff, thanks to Christieann, Christina, Paul D and Ron and of course all the service staff for making our trip a very special and memorable one. We would stay here again and again if only time and money would permit.

Room Tip: If booking thru Orbitz upgrade to the full kitchen, larger fridge and better room size and amenities...
Aloha Rickczap,
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our property, especially our lush pool area. I also thank you for singling out Christieann, Cristina, Ron and myself, but also that you had great service from our entire team. Hopefully time and money will allow a quick return to Hawai'i & the White Sands.
Mahalo,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location. Close to Waikiki and all shops and restaurants. Not glamorous by any means but great for price. We had a room with a garden view and it was lovely. Super friendly and helpful staff.

Aloha Charlotte M,
Mahalo for taking the time to write a quick review of our property! I hope you enjoyed your stay and return again soon!
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana,
Paul Dun - Hotel Manager

Been to White Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!