I booked the Courtyard Waikiki for a business trip in October and booked here because the service at the Hilton Waikiki (Prince Kuhio -- not Hawaiian Village) was abysmal the last time I was in Hawaii. I can't tell you how pleasant it was to be greeted with a "thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member -- and I didn't even make silver with Marriott last year (I am diamond with Hilton). The staff was friendly and I was "upgraded" into a one-bedroom suite in the adjoining tower. Since I was there on business, that was a good thing for me and I didn't necessarily want to face Kuhio Avenue in the front building.
The rooms are clean and decently maintained. My suite was nice and on the end with a large balcony overlooking Aloha Street so it had a kind of neighborhood feel (or as much of a "neighborhood" as you can feel in Honolulu). The hotel is VERY centrally located at Royal Hawaiian Blvd which is about the middle of Waikiki but this Courtyard is off the Main Road a couple of streets so it is MUCH quieter. It has GREAT access to Waikiki and the beach while still being able to get out the backside without enduring Waikiki traffic.
Staff was just very friendly and I have not found that to be the case at many of the hotels. There is an IHOP and a McDonalds across the street and, of course, an ABC store for any needs you may have. I rate it a four.
The one downside is the bathroom is small and the shower feels like a linen closet without the shelves but it was clean. The only other downside is that the parking is higher than most hotels -- $32 per day. If you are visiting Hawaii on vacation and staying in Waikiki, I recommend you skip the rental car and pick a couple days to rent one out of Waikiki to tour the island. That way, you save the ridiculous parking fees that all the hotels charge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki within walking distance to world-famous Waikiki Beach, shopping, signature restaurants, and Waikiki's nightlife. As urban oasis, our Oahu, Hawaii hotel’s accommodations & upgraded amenities offer the best value for Hawaii vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Courtyard Waikiki Beach
- Courtyard Hotel Waikiki Beach
- Wyland Waikiki Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu