“It's Worth The Wait” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
San Francisco, CA
“It's Worth The Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

2 years ago, when I was in Waikiki, I saw this restaurant with a very short line so I didn't bother to try it.

Last week, I was in Waikiki and see how long the line is, I was curious and wanted to try. Many of my friends also told me that this restaurant is worth a try. I did try and not just once but twice. The udon is very good. I got the beef one (niku) and it is very tasty. The price is very reasonable. The first time I try, I waited in line for 25 minutes. The 2nd time I try, I waited in line for 50 minutes, but it's worth the wait.

I would highly recommended this restaurant if you are into udon.

88% Recommend
  • Polish first
Victoria, Canada
“Worth waiting in line for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went 15 mins before it's opening time of 11:00 am, and there was already a long lineup. It moved quickly when the doors opened though. Broth was clear and tasty, and ingredients were fresh (udon, tempura). Best of all, it wasn't pricey - excellent value for money. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Great Noodles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am not a fan of Japanese food, but I decided to try this place based on the reviews. I am glad I did this is the first time in my life I loved Japanese Food. Excellent Noodles at a great price. I would give this 5 stars except for the waiting time which is around 20 minutes. But hey, if you are on vacation, just chill out and wait in line since it is definitely worth the wait and the line moves pretty fast. Unfortunately I think there is always a line since I tried different times and always had to wait for about 20 minutes. So if you see a long line just wait since it moves fast.

“Must try!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The best udon I never had! Because me n dad had few breakfast buffet, then we feel want to have some Asian food for breakfast. So we decide to try this udon. Oh my god, the udon just so yummy!!! When we went there( around 8:50) all the tempura sold out, so we just had udon which is already good enough!!! Then we decide come to having breakfast in here every morning during our time in Honolulu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“Not the best handmade udon on the island...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I got this restaurant on my #1 list during my trip in February 2013. I am a huge fan of handmade noodle and love Japanese cuisine.

After doing a bunch of research and yelping, I found this so called udon heaven.

I had the plain udon with broth. I don't really care for the soup because the udon should be the main star of the dish. There was no wait during lunch time.

I tried couple tempura items and nothing stand out. Even their tempura mushroom taste bland.
Now comes the udon... It was not the best udon or should I say handmade udon. Not sure if I came on the wrong day. The noodle taste like packaged udon, definitely not fresh at all. Maybe it was a low season in Oahu and they made too much few days ago.

I definitely recommended else where for udon in hawaii.
Check out my other reviews for better handmade noodles in Waikiki.

• Visited February 2013