This was my husband and my fourth trip to Waikiki. We've stayed in an Ohana, the Marriott, and the New Otani on previous trips. Hands down, the Waikiki Marina Resort outdid them all. The room size was awesome. We had plenty of room to spread out and relax between sightseeing journeys and beach visits.
The room appeared to be recently upgraded, and the kitchen and equipment provided for cooking were great. The room was very clean, the linens were pristine, the housekeeping very efficient. I cooked breakfast for all but 4 days of our 2 week stay, and on the days where I forgot to wash a cup or something, we would return and the cup had been cleaned for us.
We were quite satisfied with the city view from our lanai on the 16th floor, and weren't bothered by any street noises. In fact, we didn't hear any noises from any other rooms either, the walls are nice and thick. The lanai was large...1 lounge chair, 2 regular chairs and a table, plus space to move around.
The location was ideal. I came to prefer being on this end of Waikiki, as it allowed us to walk along the beach in the a.m. and p.m. to reach the hotel. It was also a short walk over to the Ala Moana Center, and along Magic Island and Ala Moana beach park.
The resort recently began providing free high speed internet access. That was a huge bonus, as we expected to have to pay. We did pay the rather high valet fee, but we've paid for parking at similar rates during all of our Hawaii trips, so I expected the fee and planned for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your own paradise at the highly rated Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai, which provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you'll find spacious and beautifully appointed 500 sq ft City View studio suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, private furnished balconies, a swimming pool, day spa, onsite restaurants, 24/7 fitness center, various shops and most importantly NO RESORT FEES. Impeccable service and warm island hospitality is provided at the second floor registration office for Shell Vacations. Fronting the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the eco-concious vacation ownership resort is adjacent to award-winning Duke Kahanamoku lagoon and beach park. An easy stroll to Waikiki Beach where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. Stay here for all the comforts of home and realize a better way to vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort At The Ilikai Hawaii/Honolulu