This was my husband and my fourth trip to Waikiki. We've stayed in an Ohana, the Marriott, and the New Otani on previous trips. Hands down, the Waikiki Marina Resort outdid them all. The room size was awesome. We had plenty of room to spread out and relax between sightseeing journeys and beach visits.
The room appeared to be recently upgraded, and the kitchen and equipment provided for cooking were great. The room was very clean, the linens were pristine, the housekeeping very efficient. I cooked breakfast for all but 4 days of our 2 week stay, and on the days where I forgot to wash a cup or something, we would return and the cup had been cleaned for us.
We were quite satisfied with the city view from our lanai on the 16th floor, and weren't bothered by any street noises. In fact, we didn't hear any noises from any other rooms either, the walls are nice and thick. The lanai was large...1 lounge chair, 2 regular chairs and a table, plus space to move around.
The location was ideal. I came to prefer being on this end of Waikiki, as it allowed us to walk along the beach in the a.m. and p.m. to reach the hotel. It was also a short walk over to the Ala Moana Center, and along Magic Island and Ala Moana beach park.
The resort recently began providing free high speed internet access. That was a huge bonus, as we expected to have to pay. We did pay the rather high valet fee, but we've paid for parking at similar rates during all of our Hawaii trips, so I expected the fee and planned for it.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Marina
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you’ll find spacious and beautifully appointed studio accommodations with private lanais, a sparkling swimming pool, onsite restaurant with international cuisine, a fitness center, shops and so much more. Overlooking the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the resort is adjacent to Waikiki Beach, where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. You can set off on a whale watching excursion and spot a mighty humpback whale in the winter months or you can experience a luau and savor Hawaiian dishes and observe traditional music and dances. Discover your own paradise in Hawaii’s most famous vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.