The Shell Vacations staff was friendly and provided exceptional service. Check-in/out was a breeze and any requests were processed promptly. Our family of 9 stayed here from Dec. 14th-24th and reserved 3 suites, and they gave us suites on the same floor and within 6 doors of each other.
The suite was a spacious studio with a full kitchen with a full size fridge/freezer and stove/oven minus a dishwasher and counter toaster-oven. We ate out every day, but also cooked at least one meal daily and found the kitchen/supplies to be great. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable, even the pull-out sofa-bed (which surprised me). The TV had several channels to accomodate everyone and the lanai was very large, but we had a city view which I found a bit loud as Ala Moana Blvd is busy as the buses/trolleys/etc all run along here.
The Ilikai is on the NW end of Waikiki, so it's a bit of a trek to the main area on Kalakaua Ave. where the shops/restaurants/lounges are. However, there are plenty of restaurants nearby and the massive Ala Moana Center (which we visited 4 times) is a couple blocks away. We also enjoyed the huge Ala Moana Park/Beach was across from the Center.
(NOTE: there are tons of ABC stores around, almost 1 on every block, but it's the tourist $$$ for most of their items so you're better off picking up stuff at Longs Drugs or Foodland at Ala Moana Center a couple blocks over.)
Waikiki Beach; the beach was a bit a trek from the Ilikai (especially when carrying towels and beach toys) and the sand was only fine where the waves splashed in (which was good for the kids to play-in). Once you walk into the ocean, it's full of eroded coral bits and shells. Fortunately that means the waves are calm. The temperature was in the low 20s during our visit, but the water was cool, my kids would spend about 20-30 mins swimming before getting cold. We also noticed a few homeless during the day and more sleeping at night. I'd rate it average as there are several better beaches in Oahu.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Marina Hotel
- Aqua Marina
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you’ll find spacious and beautifully appointed studio accommodations with private lanais, a sparkling swimming pool, onsite restaurant with international cuisine, a fitness center, shops and so much more. Overlooking the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the resort is adjacent to Waikiki Beach, where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. You can set off on a whale watching excursion and spot a mighty humpback whale in the winter months or you can experience a luau and savor Hawaiian dishes and observe traditional music and dances. Discover your own paradise in Hawaii’s most famous vacation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere, EasyToBook, Olotels, Stentorian NV, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.