This is the third time that I have stayed at the Waikiki Marina Resort. I am not a Shell timeshare owner, and have no intention of ever becoming one. However, this facility provides exactly what I want for my Hawaiian vacations: value + comfort. Coming from the east coast, we usually stay for longer than one week, thus having a full kitchen with all cooking and eating utensils is quite valuable. It's not just about saving money...my poor digestive system can't handle the eating out constantly. The rooms are very nicely sized, with space for us to spread out and fantasize that we actually really live in Hawaii. The rooms are very clean. The counter tops are all granite. Some of the woodwork in the room is showing its age, but I'm sure it's on the list for maintenance soon.
The property is well cared for, and the office staff are simply amazing. They always make me wish I worked there...I imagine that it's nice to help people who are on vacation and in a good mood (I know, this is probably not always the case, but I can dream).
The pool is simply perfect...when it wasn't raining, it gets a full day of sun. Thus the water temperature is balmy.
We love being far enough from the action of the Kalakaua Avenue "strip," that we don't hear the buskers or the crowds. It's a really lovely walk along the beach to get to the hot spots.
The retail areas on the first level look like they are being updated since our last visit. There was a new coffee shop (great iced mochas) and I'm curious to know what was going in the really large suite near the pool corridor. The restaurant was also reopened, though we did not eat there.
The veranda is also connected to the pool level at the Edition hotel next door. This allows easy access to Morimoto Waikiki, a really great restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover your own paradise at the highly rated Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai, which provides the perfect setting for your next Hawaiian getaway. Here you'll find spacious and beautifully appointed 500 sq ft City View studio suite accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, private furnished balconies, a swimming pool, day spa, onsite restaurants, 24/7 fitness center, various shops and most importantly NO RESORT FEES. Impeccable service and warm island hospitality is provided at the second floor registration office for Shell Vacations. Fronting the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, the eco-concious vacation ownership resort is adjacent to award-winning Duke Kahanamoku lagoon and beach park. An easy stroll to Waikiki Beach where the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean lap the soft sand. Stay here for all the comforts of home and realize a better way to vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Marina Hotel Honolulu
- Hotel Waikiki Marina
- Waikiki Marina Honolulu
- Aqua Marina Hotel
- Waikiki Marina Resort At The Ilikai Hawaii/Honolulu