My husband and I stayed at the Outrigger Luana Waikiki for 1 week mid-October. What a wonderful stay. We had stayed there previously before the Outrigger chain revamped it - and it was nice then too. Great centralized location, you can walk to Ala Moana or to Waikiki beach with ease. Diamond Head is a fair hike from here but still do-able. The hotel itself is very nice. Wonderfully maintained. Beautiful lobby - Hawaiian decor, clean, friendly desk staff, always an elevator waiting for you.
The room itself was lovely - just like the pictures. We had a corner studio room c/w comfy queen bed w/storage underneath, sofa, table and 2 chairs, tile floor, A/C, t.v., internet, iron & small ironing board, fridge, large kitchen counter w/sink, dishes, cutlery, bathroom had a hairblower, small tub. Balcony had 2 wicker chairs and end table. The carved wooden Hawaiian lamps in the room are great - one is a man the other a woman both in hula poses. There was no toaster or microwave though but for $8 we picked a toaster up at WalMart and saved on breakfasts and lunches by having them in our room - not to mention the pounds we avoided gaining by not eating large meals 3 times a day.
The pool was crystal clear, cleaned daily, had lots of pool chairs - towels at the front desk. They also have a very nice gym c/w 2 treadmills, eliptical, 2 exercise bikes, free weights and several weight machines.
Overall, only 2 minor complaints. The shower could use a new shower head. A bit of street noise but was eliminated by the A/C running. Neverthe less, we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including studios with kitchenettes and spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga in the park at 8am on wed ,sat & sun, cool folding cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. Come see what sets Luana Waikiki apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning September 1, 2014, Luana Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool,BBQ area, fitness room, coffee shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu