“Reviews are pretty accurate!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Savings - 20% Off
Ranked #19 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Los Angeles
“Reviews are pretty accurate!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Outrigger Luana is a pretty good place to stay. I can't complain about the cleanliness, or the amenities provided by the place. We stayed in a studio style condo, and we had everything we needed. We didn't cook at all, but there were pots, pans, silverware etc if you are so inclined. The place was cleaned daily, towels replaced and all the works so it made the stay comfortable. We were on the 4th floor and we had a tiny view of the beach, I would imagine the people up higher than us had a great view!! By the way they did have a nice little patio with a couple chairs and a table so you could sit outside and enjoy the awesome Hawaii weather. Overall it was definitely 4 out of 5 stars. I would stay there again, although I think I would prefer a place a little closer to the beach. The walk to get to Waikiki beach is about 15 minutes I would say, but it is very close to all of the shopping right along the main drag if that is more your thing. The only thing I really didn't like very much was that they charge $25 a day for valet parking. I guess if you are going to Hawaii this kind of overpriced non sense is to be expected, but still not too happy about that.

Room Tip: Stay on the side facing the beach if possible, preferably higher up than I was on the 4th floor. I...

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and take advantage of the specials that they have from time to time. The suites are always very nice and roomy with a king size bed in the room and a sofa bed in the living room. The full kitchen is nice and fully stocked with pots and pans and everything you need for cooking in. Some of the pans in our unit were in need of replacement, everything we cooked stuck to them. There was no ice maker in the unit so we had to bring ice from the first floor and put in the freezer, it would be nice to have one in the unit. The bathroom is located inside the bedroom so you have to enter through the bedroom to utilize it, would be nice if you could enter from the hallway not to disturb the sleeping. The view was nice over looking the park, it is real quite compared to the waikiki hotels right in the heart of waikiki. We had one problem which was when we were ready to go to sleep, we turned down the sheets and to our surprise there was drippings of dried blood or something red/brown on the sheets. I immediately called the front desk and they came up and brought us a new set, and apologized for the problem, this really grossed me out and did not know how the maid did not notice it. The location and price is good and I would stay there again, but I would check the bed sheets first when I arrive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here with friends so we had booked two rooms and an apartment. All of us were very pleased with the standard of accommodation we received and felt it was great value (especially the discount for over 50's!). We had friends staying in the Waikiki Sheraton at the same time, it cost three times as much, and while their room had sensational views over Waikiki beach to Diamond Head, their room was smaller than ours and had less facilities. The pool at the Luana is nothing special but the nearby Waikiki beach was beautiful, so that was not important to us. The staff at the Luana were just gorgeous, really helpful, happy and friendly. The small café did wonderful breakfasts at great prices, and the staff were very obliging when we were in a rush to be ready for our taxi. The Luana has a handy ABC shop and some restaurants across a small park in front of the hotel, and it is a five minute walk from the Hard Rock Café and Beach Walk, where we found some great bars. A couple more minutes walk takes you to the centre of Waikiki.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
OutriggerLuanaWaikik, Front Office Manager at Luana Waikiki, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Aloha k m,
We are delighted to read about your wonderful group vacation experience here at the Outrigger Luana Waikiki. We will share your kind words about our staff with them. Thank you your many positive comments.
Mahalo Nui Loa.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My travel agent recommended the Luana for us as we wanted to see the beach & ocean but not all the crowds-perfect!!!! It was so peaceful-staff was so professional & polite. Overlooks Dussey Park just a nice place to stay-had a room with kitchenette which was very handy-and enjoyed the Potea Cafe each morning as well. Can't go wrong here for sure!!!!

Aloha Balloonfan771,
Mahalo for all of your positive comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us & hope to see you again for another peaceful vacation.
Mahalo Nui Loa.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Centrally located to most everything in the busy town of Waikiki. Affordable and just a short walk to the beach, restaurants, and coffee shops. Ocean view room was a great value compared to others in the area. Would recommend!

Aloha Derek2023,
We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our central location. Thank you for your great review. We hope to see you again. Mahalo Nui Loa.
Whakatane, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel/apartment is in a great location for Waikiki, however the rooms are getting on a little, but are clean and tidy. The bed was great very very comfortable. Views were ok over the park.

We found the only real drawback was the noise. Even high up we could hear the road noise and people pulling their luggage over the tiles in the street, I suppose its because we live in the country and not used to the traffic. The road outside was very busy so be warned. I suggest ear plugs would help if it bothers you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha pommiekiwi,
Mahalo for choosing the Outrigger Luana Waikiki for your recent holiday. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with everyone. Mahalo Nui Loa!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel on quite a regular basis. I'm set up here through my job. As is most of the hotels I stay at for work it is never anything to write home about. The rooms are ok. Views are also just ok. Never been to the spa here, but I hear great things. There is a little café here that is open for breakfast and lunch that is fantastic. If it were open for dinner I'd eat all 3 meals there.
The staff here are always
friendly, but never seem to be exceptional in any way. For the first time in Hawaii I had an extra day to do as I pleased. I decided to rent a car. I pulled up and was greeted by Will. He was an extreme gentleman. Later that evening I went out and was helped by Randy. He gave me great recommendations on where to have dinner and was quite knowledgable on golf courses on the island. To think all I had to do was rent a car to be treated like a VIP. Basically the review is specifically to say the valets here are standouts.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Luana Waikiki? Share your experiences!