We began our first Hawaiian vacation at this hotel. I chose it because of the price, good reviews and location. We were only in Waikiki for 2 nights before moving up to the North Shore for the remainder of our stay. We live in a large urban area and like to get away from the crowds on vacation. So while we wanted to experience Waikiki we didn't want to be in the middle of all that chaos. The Luana was a good choice. I booked our room - a partial ocean view- through American Express when it was on sale. The day before we flew out I called and requested to be as high as possible while still with an ocean view. Upon arrival they gave us a small upgrade to a kitchenette, partial ocean view - #914. The room was nice, but not especially large. Probably about 250 -300 sq ft. It had a 2 burner stove top, microwave/convection oven, small refrigerator/freezer and a sink. There were also a couple of plates, glassware, mugs, and silverware - along with a 2 cup coffee pot. There was a Queen bed and a small futon type sofa, round table and tv. The bathroom was small, but did supply a hair dryer. We had a small step-out balcony with 2 chairs and a small round table. We had a nice view of Waikiki, Fort DeRussey Park, the ocean and a roof down below. :)
It was fine with us and we loved not having a high rise building next to us! We had a pleasant stroll through the park one morning and the beach down at that end is great - very wide, things to eat/drink are available along with chairs and umbrellas. The center of Waikiki is only 10 minutes or less away and gave us a chance to burn off some of those calories we ate! We had a great time and felt very safe the entire time regardless of the time of night or day.
On Friday night we were able to see from our balcony the fireworks the Hilton Hawaiian Village sets off at dark - about 7:45 pm. Another great feature because we were high up, was to hear the fireworks echoing off the skyscrapers in the area. Very cool!
The staff at the Luana were very friendly and courteous. Our car was available within minutes of asking for it. And I loved the flavored fruit water that was available in the lobby when we returned from our walks. We never had any problems with noise.
I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Waikiki's Gateway Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping and international dining. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including hotel rooms, spacious studios with kitchenettes and suites with full kitchens. You'll enjoy the convenience of free WiFi throughout the entire hotel, plus on-site amenities including a day spa, fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with BBQ grills. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR COMPLIMENTARY AMENITIES. *COFFEE & TEA SERVICE DAILY FROM 6:30A-10:30A *YOGA IN THE PARK AT 8AM ON WED & SUN *COOL FOLDING CRUISE BIKES TO EXPLORE OAHU *BEACH CHAIRS & TOWELS ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu