My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights in late April/early May.
We arrived very early and were able to check in immediately which was a great bonus.
We had a very large studio with kitchenette. The view was of the park, main road and partial ocean view.
The hotel and room is older but very functional and clean.
We had a 2 burner hot plate, sink, fridge, microwave and plenty of dishes and utensils. It was easy to make breakfasts and some other meals. It saves a lot of money in this expensive city.
The room also has a large bed, table with 2 chairs, couch, bedside tables, wardrobe, lots of drawers and plenty of bench space. There is a flat screen TV.
The bathroom has lots of bench space as well as a shower over the bath. Having a bath tub was a real and much appreciated bonus.
There was a bit of noise in the room when the door to the balcony was open but it was minimal. I am sure it would be much noisier in the centre of Waikiki. Bring ear plugs if you are very noise sensitive, although my husband didn't use his.
There is a laundry which I used several times. I used it in the morning and never had to wait for a machine as there are several.
There is also a small gym with most of the basic equipment.
The pool looked inviting and appeared to be well used.
Free wifi is available in the room and it worked extremely well.
All the staff we encountered were friendly and polite.
Finally - the location. This hotel is in a brilliant position. Just out of the mad hustle and bustle of Waikiki but close enough to walk to most things you would need. The centre of Waikiki was a very pleasant 10 minute walk, Ala Moana was about 25 minutes in the other direction. We also walked to the Aquarium and Zoo.
This hotel ticks all the boxes, is great value and we would definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Waikiki's Gateway Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping and international dining. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including hotel rooms, spacious studios with kitchenettes and suites with full kitchens. You'll enjoy the convenience of free WiFi throughout the entire hotel, plus on-site amenities including a day spa, cafe, fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with BBQ grills. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR COMPLIMENTARY AMENITIES. *COFFEE & TEA SERVICE DAILY FROM 6:30A-10:30A *YOGA IN THE PARK AT 8AM ON WED & SUN *COOL FOLDING CRUISE BIKES TO EXPLORE OAHU *BEACH CHAIRS & TOWELS ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.