We have now stayed at three different Outrigger hotels and condominiums, and once again, found that the Outrigger Luana Waikiki is just as lovely as the others. Each Outrigger is different, yet all three have the same lovely and calm atmosphere. Everything is nicely decorated and is kept clean and is very inviting. We would definitely go back to all three.
Location: The Outrigger Luana’s location is perfect. It is just a few walking blocks from Waikiki Beach, the Beach Walk with all its lovely shops and restaurants, the US Post Office, and is on the main street, Kalakaua Avenue. There are shops and restaurants right outside the Luana. Local buses run frequently on this street and you can take them everywhere, including to such places as the Bishop Museum and Iolani Palace. Yet, it is not a noisy street. There is a small park across the street, and of course, it is next to the beautiful Fort DeRussy Park.
Staff: As you arrive, you are greeted and assisted by Luana staff, who is always on duty outside. Each time we entered or departed from the building, we were always cheerfully greeted and welcomed back. As you walk up the stairs from the street entrance, there is a lovely restaurant open 7:00 am – 2:00 pm. Then you walk into a charming lobby with just one small, yet cute shop, with a helpful shop keeper. The entire staff did its very best to make the stay a extremely pleasant stay.
Room: We chose a room with a city view and it was perfect. Located on the first floor, the room is nicely decorated, and it had more than ample storage. As we walked into the room, the bathroom was on the right. On the left was a kitchen area with a sink and small refrigerator with a long counter top with cabinets above and several large drawers below. In addition, there was closet with cabinet space below, a lovely TV, a nice-sized desk, coffee table, couch and a king-size bed. Outside the room was a large, closed off concrete area with a view of the night city lights that is just breathtaking. You can, of course, close the curtains. The floors above have balconies.
Facilities: Located on the first floor, we were near the laundry room, which was very clean and had several washers and dryers. The gym provided excellent equipment with floor to wall windows and overlooked the loveliest pool. Before you leave, go to the top floor and you get a wonderful view of Waikiki. Aloha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including studios with kitchenettes and spacious ocean view suites with full kitchens. Take advantage of our yoga in the park at 8am on wed ,sat & sun, cool folding cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. Come see what sets Luana Waikiki apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning September 1, 2014, Luana Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool,BBQ area, fitness room, coffee shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu