I booked my kitchenette suite on-line for $119 which is a good price for Waikiki. The kitchen is well-equipped except for a coffee grinder and when I phone housekeeping, they said they didn't have one. The cafe offered to grind my coffee beans for me at no charge. Considering the size of the Outrigger chain, they should have at least one coffee bean grinder on hand. Hawaiian coffee is highly advertised.
The room was very large and comfortable. I was on the 15th floor and despite being so high, the noise from Kalakaua was enough to disrupt my sleep. Since the regular rooms have a fridge and sink, I wouldn't get a kitchenette next time but would put the money towards a room facing the park.
When I went to the pool, all the towels were gone and there was no way I could see to get more. Perhaps there was a phone to housekeeping but I didn't see it. There is a barbecue and some bar tables at one side of the pool area overlooking Fort Derussy Park. You could watch the sunset from there.
The hotel is at the Honolulu end of Waikiki. I walked to the Ala Moana shopping center and there are bus stops very near the hotel. If you walk the other way, it is not far to all the Waikik restaurants and stores. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping, and international dining at the Waikiki Gateway. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including hotel rooms, studios with kitchenettes and spacious suites with full kitchens. Come see what sets Luana Waikiki apart from other Waikiki hotels! With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Luana Waikiki allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. You'll also enjoy the heated swimming pool, fitness room, coffee shop, rooftop restaurant and more. Take advantage of our yoga in the park at 8am on wed & sun, cool folding cruise bikes to explore Oahu, and beach chairs & towels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu