My mom and I booked our weeklong trip 8 months in advance. We got there and they told us that they were overbooked and were gonna send us to a different hotel with an upgrade. They paid for the cab and sent us to the ghetto, there was a homeless man sleeping at the door of the new hotel. I was not happy, alongside our room was not even ready. Two hours later we made it back to the Luana, they upgraded us from a studio to a one bedroom partial ocean for the trouble. That was nice.
The room was very nice and the beds super comfy, I slept on the pull out sofa bed and surprisingly it was comfy as well. They also have free wifi in the rooms and a free inroom safe that ended up being used more than I thought. The rooms are very spacious and provided a lot of room.
Complaints: I am under 5ft tall and the shower head hit me in the chest, it was so short and not adjustable. They give you one coffee bag per day which is enough for one cup of coffee and they charge you for extra. Also, our sliding glass door to the lanai was extremely hard to open and didnt lock.
All in all, I would probably stay here again, it is very conveniently located, you are in the middle of waikiki so you can walk easily to the mall, beach, fort derussy, pink trolley, etc. Also, they have the most delicious water in the lobby all day long with fresh fruits inside and they have a snack around 2pm.
P.S. they set up travel for us (by our request) to the outlet mall, dont ever go there it is a waste of time and money, there is only a handful of stores.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Waikiki's Gateway Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping and international dining. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including hotel rooms, spacious studios with kitchenettes and suites with full kitchens. You'll enjoy the convenience of free WiFi throughout the entire hotel, plus on-site amenities including a day spa, cafe, fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with BBQ grills. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR COMPLIMENTARY AMENITIES. *COFFEE & TEA SERVICE DAILY FROM 6:30A-10:30A *YOGA IN THE PARK AT 8AM ON WED & SUN *COOL FOLDING CRUISE BIKES TO EXPLORE OAHU *BEACH CHAIRS & TOWELS ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.