We stayed at the Outrigger Luana Waikiki in Central Honolulu in August 2011. Right from the reservation stage the staff were great. They were all very helpful giving information and getting things done.
The hotel location is perfect, very central for visiting all the attractions and places of interest but not too close to the noise and crowds. The beach is 5 mins walk through a good park, the shopping and restaurants are less than 5 mins walk and the bus stop right outside the hotel to go to other places.
The rooms were very spacious and clean with a good kitchenette with a fridge. It would have been better if they had a microwave and a kettle for us British who like our cup of tea. Also, they did not have the ordinary English Breakfast Tea bags which we like although the staff were good enough to try and get us a couple of them when we asked. We bought things from a supermarket nearby and had breakfast in the room which was convenient but would have liked to have a microwave and kettle.
The hotel had a small cafe on the premises which was ok for light snacks and drinks. But it was easy to walk to the main area to eat.
The swimming pool was small but nice and there was also a small gym. The main plus was the staff all of them so helpful when we needed anything. We stayed there for 7 nights and enjoyed it and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to everyone and go there again as the room rates were very good value. We were looking at a lot of hotels when we were planning our trip all the way from the UK and found the hotels in Honolulu quite expensive compared to other areas in the USA. But the Outrigger Luana was very reasonable and good value for money for the quality and convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Waikiki's Gateway Overlooking serene Fort DeRussy Park, Luana Waikiki is a contemporary boutique hotel located just a short stroll to Waikiki Beach, world-class shopping and international dining. Choose from a variety of exceptionally comfortable accommodations with a contemporary Hawaiian style, including hotel rooms, spacious studios with kitchenettes and suites with full kitchens. You'll enjoy the convenience of free WiFi throughout the entire hotel, plus on-site amenities including a day spa, fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with BBQ grills. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR COMPLIMENTARY AMENITIES. *COFFEE & TEA SERVICE DAILY FROM 6:30A-10:30A *YOGA IN THE PARK AT 8AM ON WED & SUN *COOL FOLDING CRUISE BIKES TO EXPLORE OAHU *BEACH CHAIRS & TOWELS ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Luana Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Luana Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Honolulu
- Outrigger Hotel Luana Waikiki
- Outrigger Honolulu
- Honolulu Outrigger
- Luana Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu