We booked a last-minute trip to Honolulu and ended up staying at this hotel for 5 nights. The hotel is very nice and Waikiki Beach is literally across the street. We had paid for a garden-view room, but when we got there they had automatically upgraded us to an ocean-view room which was very nice. The staff were very polite and accomodating.
We did a package deal with the hotel that included free buffet breakfast every morning. I thought the buffet breakfast was okay (the scrambled eggs were gross) and my husband liked the custom omelette station. There is a pool with a bar near it on the third floor (the Moana Terrace) with a view of the beach below - the view is nice, but the drinks there are pretty crummy and expensive. I only mention it because it's a nice place to sip a drink and watch the sun go down.
Parking at the hotel is expensive (as it is with other hotels in this area). We paid $25 a day for valet parking. It's cheaper if you self-park, but harder to do in their small parking garage. Unless you plan on driving all over the island, pass on getting a rental car. We found that most of the things we wanted to do we could get there by walking or by taking a shuttle bus. A lot of the tour companies picked us up at our hotel, so we really only used our rental car for driving around the island one day and getting to and from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu