We visited the Marriott January 10-15, and it was great!The beds are the best beds we have ever had in a hotel. We couldn't wait to go to sleep each night!
The hotel is in a great location. We had been to Waikiki before and it seemed like a party area with young kids. (I am 29 and it was too crazy for me) This was down the road more and wonderful. Still the great Waikiki experience, but really relaxing at the same time. A lot of restaurants locally, and an ABC store in the hotel for last minute stuff.
We loved the beach across the street. It was guarded by the wall built in the ocean, so it was nice and calm.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet parking was wonderful and not much more that parking it yourself. We had a baby with us, and needed a microwave for baby food. We asked if we could use one somewhere in the hotel, and they offered to bring us our very own to keep in the room the whole stay. No extra charge! The outdoor/indoor lobby is so relaxing with couches and water running.
Some people had mentioned that getting in the right tower was important. They say to stay in the front tower facing the ocean, and made the other tower to be not as good. We were in the back tower (paokaolani??) and it was great. It has more floors and seems to be a quicker elevator anyway. You do have to walk to the other tower to get to the main road, but the walk is maybe 2 more minutes if that. I would happily request the 2nd tower again in a heartbeat.
This is a great hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Waikiki Beach Marriott
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.