I really went back and forth on this review and whether to give it 3 or 4 stars, and honestly the resort is just shy of 4 stars; however I didn't feel comfortable merely calling it average because of the amenities (which you pay for in the resort fee).
Upon checking into the hotel the first thing that grabs you are the amenities. Hotel guest can set up a FREE professional photo shoot, you have unlimited DVD rentals, there are tons of shops and restaurants, and the hotel is just a block or so from the beach. And each room had a lovely large half moon balcony. The rooms are really clean and comfortable, and they had tons of pools.
However, I still couldn't give this 4 stars for a few reasons. 1) it's true that the rooms are somewhat outdated and I thought it was odd they didn't stock the refrigerator. There weren't even complimentary bottles of water, which I found unusual.
2) The pool area on the third floor had cabanas that were roped off and empty and I wondered who they were reserved for. As hotel guests, we should all be able to access the cabanas. 3) The food was also mediocre at best and the cocktails were really bad. There were 3 of us and 2 of us wanted to return our drink- I actually did.
The amenities and cleanliness of the rooms were great but not enough to make this 4 stars in my opinion. The luxury of the hotel is part of the vacation experience which includes food, drinks and ambience, which this place lacked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu