I recently stayed here for a business trip and in hindsight, have somewhat mixed feelings about my stay:
Check-in/staff: It took us 45 minutes to check-in, and it is not clear why it took so long (there were only a few people in line ahead of us). The staff member at the desk was very helpful when we finally were able to check in (and even looked into getting a room upgrade for us, which was nice) but standing in line this long to check-in to a hotel (after a very long flight) was pretty miserable. Throughout the week, we continually noticed long check-in lines at the front desk, so it appears this might be a recurring pattern/problem. Nonetheless, every staff member we interacted with was courteous and helpful, including the bell hops and concierge.
Gym/pool: The hotel has an excellent gym facility that includes an entire weight machine circuit, free weights up to 50 lbs, barbells, an ab station, and plenty of cardio equipment. This was one of the nicest aspects of the hotel. The two hotel pools and hot tub were also nice, although they were relatively small and thus would fill up quickly in the afternoons.
Restaurants: We visited the outdoor bar/grill several times, which was conveniently located next to one of the pools. The food was decent, the service was excellent, and the view of Waikiki beach was spectacular. We also ate at the other restaurant that housed the breakfast buffet - the service was always stellar and the food was acceptable/decent, but I will say we noticed long lines in the mornings starting around 8am or so.
Location: Obviously this hotel is in an excellent location, with Waikiki beach and plenty of shopping within walking distance.
Room: The rooms were decent, albeit a bit worn, and with small bathrooms. We did notice that none of the HD channels on the television worked. This was not a big deal because we spent very little time in our room, but that might be an issue for others.
Spa: I know the spa is independent owned/operated, so I did not take the following into account in my rating of the hotel. I submitted an online reservation request for a massage at the spa several weeks prior to my trip. I never received a confirmation of that reservation, but thought nothing of it until I arrived and saw that the spa was closed (perhaps for renovations?). It seems very unprofessional that the spa did not have an automatic email response system set up (at the very least) informing potential customers that they would be closed and therefore unable to accept reservations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu