As the title states the room sizes and bedding are quite nice for a chain location such as this. The front desk did do a nice job with check-in and tried to accomodate requests as best that they could. The rest of the stay was unremarkable. The pool and concierge staff were EXTREMELY rude - at one instance of trying to quickly and simply avoid typical morning HNL rain showers (after we had been using two normal lounge chairs) we were harassed and told to leave a "reserved" cabana area of the pool deck after just 1 minute of ducking under the awning until the rain passed just 3 minutes later. It is a private cabana granted but with at least 10 + of them around the main pool (totally unoccupied) and more than 100 empty "regular" lounge chairs open I really did not think our 5 minute rain shelter was posing that big of a problem and definitely did not warrant the attitude and rudeness delivered by this sub-standard employee considering it was 8AM and not a prime pool hour. As a frequent traveler and hotel guest I felt like we were treated like someone loitering in the hotel and not as an appreciated guest. Concierge also was rude and refused to answer two very fast questions since he had just arrived and essentially ignored the questions. Needless to say if you are a Marriott loyalist then you understand what you are getting yourself into for the price for but for individuals who travel for business or are used luxury amenities - LOOK ELSEWHERE.
As a note this property charges a 25 dollar resort fee per day to most guests while there are other properties on Waikiki that do not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu