I'm a little late making this review but - better late than never, right?
I stayed at the Waikiki Beach Marriott in February 2012 for 8 nights and booked my stay through Priceline. I have visited Waikiki several times and had always saw the excellent location and beautiful decor of the Marriott and knew it could not disappoint. Booking through Priceline we got an excellent rate, and an even better room. Despite our booking through Priceline, we were given a room upgrade and we found ourselves with a huge, double balcony room with 2 King size beds overlooking the ocean with a "partial ocean view". The beds were very comfortable and the room and bathroom very spacious.
The location can't be beat, as it is literally across the street from the beach. Downstairs there is a Seattle's Best Coffee, along with several other nice shops (an ABC store of course!). There is a newly renovated gym with many new pieces of equipment and 2 beautiful pools (and you didn't have to fight for a beach chair at 10:30 am!)
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone regardless of who they are traveling with. The only downside would be that the wi-fi was only offered in the lobby, however we were able to pick it up occasionally from our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu