We stayed at the Waikiki Beach Marriot pre- and post cruise. Pre-cruise, because of a glitch we were upgraded to the "K" tower with a room with a view of both Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head. The room was large and nicely furnished. The hotel has enough rerstaurants and shops to satisfy everyone and every budget. The post cruise room was in the "P" tower and had less space, older furnishing and a musty smell. There was a balcony as well with a view of Diamond Head and ther hotels across the street. What we couldn't understand was that you could hear street noises at all times from both rooms. One was on the 5th floor, the other 25th!!! One would think that hotels would have sound proofed windows.
The hotel is almost at the end of the beach strip, but is not so far that you cannot walk to the "action". Tours companies pick up at the back entrance to the hotel or across the street at the Aston Wakiki Beach. It was convenient and adequate because when you come down to it, you don't go to Hawaii to sit in your hotel room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu