I will be choosing another hotel the next time I visit Waikiki.
My family has been staying at Marriott's for years, and this is the poorest experience we've had. I arrived at the hotel around 10am and had to wait 20 minutes to check in. This was nothing compared to the line later in the evening. They need more staff on duty 24/7. The front desk staff didn't give you any more than was required to.
Our room was nice, but the beds were terrible- lumpy, soft mattress, not ideal when you want a good nights sleep. There was an issue with our tv which I had to call the front desk about. I had to spell things out to the person who I spoke with because they didn't understand the remote does not work. A technician arrived within 10 minutes who was wonderful and embraced everything about the aloha spirit which is missing from the rest of the staff.
The free wifi only works in a small part of the lobby.
They also charged the credit card presented at check in, not the one the room was booked on. This was not advised up front, so has a created an unwanted charge for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu