We stayed here for 16 nights in Nov/Dec and were pleasantly surprised. We normally stay at another hotel but due to renovations there we decided to book the Marriot. After reading the reviews I was slightly worried and was very apprehensive regarding our forthcoming trip.
Arrived at 9pm after a 29 hour trip from Scotland and was welcomed promptly and given the keys to our room. The room was spacious and had everything that was needed if not more for our stay. We had a partial deluxe ocean view which was excellent. We did not pay the resort fee maybe this was due to us booking through British Airways and free calls to the USA would not have been something that would have been useful to us.
The hotel is very well appointed with all the facilities a traveller would need eg. gym, laundry room, pool towels etc.
The food and service around the pool was excellent. The poolside staff were attentive and pleasant without being intrusive. Occasionally I would see guests who were rude and make great demands on the very busy staff. Not acceptable behaviour in my view.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WAIKIKI BEACH MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA fronts the best stretch of Waikiki Beach. Conveniently located in the heart of Waikiki, the hotel offers 1,310 refurbished guest rooms and suites with private lanai providing spectacular views of world-famous Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach. Other amenities include Kuhio Beach Grill, featuring the best in Pacific Rim cuisine; Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar and d.k Steak House; Arancino di Mare Italian Restaurant; newly redesigned Moana Terrace, offering live Hawaiian entertainment nightly; Seattle’s Best Coffee; Paul Brown’s Spa Olakino * Salon; a surf school; two freshwater, heated swimming pools; 10-person whirlpool; new 3,000 sq. ft. 24-hour fitness center; business center with 24-hour Internet access; high-speed and wireless Internet access throughout the resort’s guest rooms and public spaces; shops and boutiques; and Hawaiian cultural activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Hotel Honolulu
- Marriott Waikiki Beach
- Marriott Honolulu
- Honolulu Marriott
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Hawaii/Honolulu