“Great Hotel, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Maile Sky Court
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2058 Kuhio Ave., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #68 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Labrador
“Great Hotel, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is great vale for money. The location is fantastic: only 5 mins walk from main strip and an easy 10 min walk to the beach.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was large enough for 2 couples and a baby as the room had two single day beds (which staff made up as a double) and another double bed. If you have young children with strollers the 1 bedroom suite has set of stairs to get to the room which can be a hassle but we left the stroller at reception.
Hotel was standard with basic kitchen facilities, rooms could do with a remodel.
What made the hotel were the friendly staff!
Would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had stayed here in 2011 and wrote a review and said I would only be back if I couldn't get a better price elsewhere. Well, I could not and I came back and stayed from Nov 24 for 9 nights..

I did have a better stay this time. I was met at the front desk by J T, who was outstanding and a credit to the hotel. It was now my honeymoon and I asked for a upgrade. J T was fantastic and said he had already put us into a ocean view room. OUTSTANDING!!!! My room was 3704. There was a strange smell while waiting for the elevator though when going back down to the lobby. The room is smallish by most standards but I don't intend to spend all my time in my room when in Hawaii. It still has the in window air con, the older TV and you can pay extra for in room internet. To me all 3 things are not a problem. I also had no problems with bed bugs or the shower not holding its temperature.
Our room was made up everyday and fresh towels were left. despite what others have said the elevators were fine. I had asked the hotel to look after some mail that I had sent direct to the hotel for me as it is so much cheaper to mail there and pack in your bags then to be sent direct to Australia. they kept it all aside (quite a bit) and I got it when I checked in, That was GREAT!!!! Thank YOU!!!! One piece of mail was not delivered in time and I have emailed the hotel twice in response to this but as yet have not got a reply which is disappointing!!!

We tried the Vits restaurant this time, and to be honest I wish I had not. The service was ok but our meal was very average and we did not and would not return. Check in was quick and the area very clean. They do have free wifi, but be warned it is dreadfully slow, if you can manage to log on. Go across the street to the ABC store. It was quicker and the signal much stronger. They do have computers you can log onto in the lobby to check your emails or print out your boarding pass but its not the cheapest. You can park your rental car in their garage but its $25 a day, which is not cheap, its gone up since my last review but its about standard in Waikiki.****TIP!!!, if you have your own GPS and it covers all 50 states bring it along. Most rental companies want to charge $13+ a day.

Being at the beginning to Waikiki its pretty close to most things there. Its maybe a slow 10 min walk to the beach. Plenty of places to eat around the place, and lots of clubs. Luxury Row is 5 minutes away for your shopping and of course the ABC across the street has all the bits and pieces you need. There is also a small shop in the foyer.

So I must say I did have a better time there this time but there are 2 things that do detract from a great visit.
I still am waiting to here about my late mail after 2 unanswered emails!!!!!!
Check your bill when leaving. I found a $10 a day convenience charge. I was just about to leave when I thought NO!!! I had been there 9 days so that is a bit of money. I asked the clerk at the desk and he said everyone is charged it. He asked when I made the booking and I explained it was 6 months ago. He told me its a new charge to cover safe use (weather you use it or not...most other hotels have this as a no charge item), a daily paper (which I never got or knew about and he mentioned some other things that to be honest at 4.30am in the morning I forgot as I had an early flight. But he was nice and refunded the charge as I had booked well in advance, But be careful it seems a bit like a money grab!

To sum it up except for the extra charge and the no return of my emails I again would probably stay again, only if I could not get better, and of course J T at check in. He was great!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Aloha Canuck9964! On behalf of the entire staff and management of the Maile Sky Court Hotel, thank you for your wonderful review. It's always nice to hear positive comments of our hotel, especially from return guests. Thank you for giving us another chance. I'm extremely pleased our team member JT was able to welcome you with open arms. Please accept my sincere apologize for the delay in responding to your two (2) emails. Please feel free to forward your email to me, as I will be happy to assist you with your original request. You may email me at talvaro@litehotels.com. Thank you again for sharing your experience with all of us. Taisha Alvaro, Hotel Manager.
Taupo, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friend and I stayed here for 5 nights. The rooms were very small but we didn't mind as we were just sleeping there. When we arrived our room wasn't ready but they happily held our bags for us free of charge. The desk people were very helpful. If you want a basic room then this is a good place to stay as there are no perks. Disappointed that the wifi was only for the lobby. The information people for activities were useless! They gave us the maps and said if we want to know further information we had to see the Expedia activities man. We went to his desk twice and it said back in an hour. A good walking distance from the shops in Waikiki. I

Room Tip: Stay on another island if you want a feel for the real Hawaii as this is not it!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Aloha cleonz! Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that we were able to spend five (5) nights at the Maile Sky Court Hotel all the way from New Zealand. Thank you also for recognizing our front desk staff. Our team members are always happy to hear positive comments in regards to their service. Please be sure to visit us the next time you are in Waikiki, hopefully sooner than later.
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked in at the Maile Sky Court for 3 nights due to a prefered hotel being unavailble for 1 night of my recent trip.
Prices were fine and inline with the accommodation provided. I checked in late in the evening and all requests placed in the booking were followed which was great.
Check in was great, streamlined and professional, you end up paying in advance for your stay rather that a debit held against your credit card and payment made upon checkout, but that was fine. You will also have to pay for the room safe which runs at around USD$3.60 per day - which I found a bit strange, but I have seen this before at other hotels I've viewed on the net, so paid the daily charge x 3 (upfront).
The rooms are standard, nothing flash, but were clean and tidy. An airconditioning unit is in the window rather than a central air con system, but worked extremely well and left the room at the perfect temperature for me.
The bathrooms are compact and dated, but clean and tidy.
This is a high building, with a large number of rooms, but the lifts were quick and efficient and never did I wait too long.
Checkout was fast and efficient and the bell boy took care of my bags until I collected later in the day.
My stay at the Maile Sky Court was more than up to standard based on the prices being charged. Great location and suited the very minimal time I was actually in the room.

Room Tip: High level rooms are great. Note though that there are no balconies.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Aloha Adam6750! I'm sorry that you were unable to secure accommodations to a preferred hotel on your recent trip, however extremely grateful that you gave our hotel a chance. Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs and for sharing your experience with your fellow TripAdvisor readers. Until we meet again, please take care and be sure to think of us for your next Waikiki visit.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good cheap hotel away from the beach but close enough to walk and to get to destinations that are suggested! Close to the canal for runs and walks and close to public transport . I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Aloha BUDJAMES! I'm pleased that your second experience at our hotel was a positive one and that you would return to visit us in the future. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in regards to the affordable accommodations in an ideal location that we were able to provide. Please visit us again soon!
Antioch, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service has changed. Room is not well cleaned, yet they do not want to clean for sand, and are charming $75 per cleaning sand in the room.
Usually when you go to a seaside resort,sand is not an issue.

Room Tip: This was a decent hotel a couple of years ago.... Now it's extremely,they charge you 85 dollars...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Aloha ferdie747! Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments and are grateful for the opportunity to improve on our discrepancies, especially of the servicing of our hotel rooms by our Housekeeping staff. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience we may have caused for you and your family. We will use your review to assist us with enhancing our services to better serve all of our guests.
Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was nice for its price and the jacuzzi was clean and warm! The staff also let us check in although we arrived very early, which helped us out a lot since my friend was not feeling well and wanted to lay down to rest.
The room was not bad, however not very well cleaned - when I pulled the cover of the bed to slide in to go to bed, I saw that the sheet inside had weird stains on them that looked like make up stains. I thought about calling to have it changed but was too tired and decided not to bother.
The hotel is safe and for the price, not bad at all, as I was expecting something worse. I may come back if I want to save on hotel prices, but the location was not as convenient for hanging out in Waikiki compared to other hotels that are also not so expensive so it would not be my favorable choice.
One thing that was great about the room though, was the view - during the day you could see the ocean and at night, beautiful stars and city lights.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view - it's great view!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Aloha happy_traveler2525! Thank you for spending your time at the Maile Sky Court Hotel. Although our hotel was reasonably priced, I apologize that we were not located in an ideal location, as other Waikiki Hotels. I agree that the view from the ocean view rooms are fantastic. I hope that you will be able to visit us one day in the future, specifically on a Friday night to experience the spectacular firework display that can be seen from these rooms.

Been to Maile Sky Court? Share your experiences!