“traveloften” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
“traveloften”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The staff of the hotel are great. Front desk, cleaning crew, people at the pool are doing excellent job. The condition of the rooms are somewhat disapointing, the tub is very worn out, carpet is quite dirty, the bed is very unconfortable. Luckily we didn't spent much time in the room, the weather was perfect so we were by the pool most of the time. Whe we consider price (which is very good), then it was OK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Aloha Marie S! Thank you for staying with at the Maile Sky Court Hotel and for advising us of your experience. Please know that we are working towards improving our facilities and hope you will be able to visit us in the future, especially since the title of your review, is "traveloften". Please accept my apology for our failure to provide you with satisfactory accommodations during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Lodi, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Front desk people are the best! They are the ONLY reason I would ever stay again. This was not my first trip to Oahu and much prefer other hotels I have stayed in. Beds were equal to sleeping on the floor...hard as rock! Sleeping on the floor was out of the question due to the huge stains..I wore socks in the room. Tub was cleaned once during our week there...basically housekeeping made the bed an changed the towels nothing else was done. We got one tiny bar of soap for the week, one coffee pod for the week with a note stating should we want more they could be purchased for $1.50 each. No balconies so you are stuck in your room, windows open 6 inches so photos of the awesome view is through tinted windows whose tinting is peeling. It was a long walk to anywhere, my advise? Pick another!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room....that's using the term loosely but beats the option
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Aloha todahlu! Mahalo for visiting us at the Maile Sky Court Hotel. I am so sorry that you were unable to enjoy your stay here. I agree that the Front Desk staff is the best; however you should have been able to receive the level of service as expected throughout the hotel. Thank you for valuable comments and observations, as your feedback is very important to us. Take care.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel has some very great things going on, but also some not so great things that cancel out the good.

For instance
the good:cheap room with partial ocean view
The bad: super hard mattresses

The bad: multiple things wrong with television
The good: friendly staff who seemed to be on it.

The good: free wi fi in the lobby
The bad: the 'business center' is not really a business center at all. It is a computer that only has internet with no access to microsoft office, or anything similar. The only reason you would need to use it is if you needed to print something...like a confirmation ticket. One of the reasons I chose this cheaper hotel was so that I can do business related things. I ended up having to walk about a mile to a internet cafe to do business things. Very mislead sky maile..... (Btw, the 'business center' is not free)

So if you don't have super high standards for your hotel..this cheaper option is not a bad way to go...its ok. Just remember that you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Aloha spontatraveler! Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Maile Sky Court Hotel. Your comments are greatly appreciated, as your experience at the hotel, along with your "good and bad" feedback will assist us with improving our facilities. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience that we may have caused.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is about my stay at the Maile Sky Court in Honolulu

I would not recommend the hotel to anybody. The hotel was booked through expedia and the stay there poised a very "serious" health risk to us. I would have checked out had I not paid fully for the room prior to leaving on my vacation.

1). the sink was very dirty after house keeping. We could not understand this until we saw back flow of dark/dirty water coming from the drain. This happened many times during the day. This is a very "serious" health issue.
2). same situation with toilet. We flushed the toilet clean and checked it. But then during the next use, we noted solid waste at the bottom of bowl. Again a serious health issue

Above items 1) & 2) were reported to front desk staff. He made no notes nor did he say he will report it.

I am very disappointed and believe that the hotel management knew of this problem but has done nothing and keep on renting the room

Please advise how I can report this to the Hawaii Tourist Board

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha upset400! Thank you for sharing your concerns with us on TripAdvisor and giving us a chance to improve on our discrepancies. We are very sorry that we were unable to provide acceptable accommodations during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and value your opinion of the Maile Sky Court Hotel.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had to go to Honolulu on business and needed to find a hotel for a reasonable price near the Hawaii Convention Center. I went on several of the travel websites ie. Expedia, Orbitz, and Hotels.com. Maile Sky Court was the cheapest at around $89 for a standard room. Well, I went directly to there website and discovered they had a special, full ocean view rooms for $79. I read reviews, googled the location and it seemed like what I was looking for. Before I'd even gotten there I spoke with the staff to confirm my reservations, they were very polite & helpful. I arrived November 28. Gladys checked me in, she was so friendly & helpful. I had requested a room on the highest floor possible. I got a room on the 41st floor. Perfect! I noticed plenty of staff and security, and all very polite. My room wasn't fancy but it was far from horrible. I was very comfortable. The rooms are small but I was alone and it was perfect for me. I had an amazing view. The hotel was about a 10 minute walk to the convention center, there's a gas station, food, and stores right across the street. There's a post office a block away. And if u walk about 5-8 minutes to the Fort DeRussy Beach Park you'll be at the beach or walk about 10 minutes down the main street and there's Kuhio Beach Park. There's plenty of shopping walking distance. (Luxury Row) I had a wonderful experience with this hotel, and with it being my first time in Hawaii, it left a big impression on me. I will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: I would definitely reserve from the website there may be better deals.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Aloha msj302010! Greetings from the Maile Sky Court Hotel. Thank you for your wonderful review of our staff and facilities. We are appreciative of your patronage to the hotel and for sharing your experience with us. I'm delighted that you found a great room rate on our website for an ocean view room, which also met your need to be near the Hawaii Convention Center. Thank you again. Until next time, take care and hope to see you in the future.
Revelstoke, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the Maile Sky Court for one night. We picked this hotel because it was cheap, we arrived late afternoon and were headed to another island the next day.So we didn't need much We were very surprised at how nice it was for the price. Our expectation were low and we got much more than we ever expected...What a treat... We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Aloha Linnybeer! Thank you for spending a night at our hotel before visiting another one of our islands. I'm delighted that we exceeded your expectations and hope this will bring you and your friends back to our hotel in the future.
Heggedal, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Maile Court Sky twice before, but that was back in 2004 and in 2006. Over the years the hotel seems to have changed affiliation quite often. I think it has been an Outrigger hotel, an Ohana hotel, and i thought it was now a Castle hotel. When I arrived I found out that it is now a part of the Aqua hotel group. In any case the room I stayed in now (on the 29th floor) was much nicer than than the ones I stayed in 6 and 8 years ago - and they weren't bad at that time either. I even had a partial view of the ocean. I had expected to use the WiFi in the lobby, and was pleasantly surprised when there was free and well-functioning internet in my room as well. As everyone else seem to point out the reception staff was great. And the lady cleaning my room did a very good job (not that I made the job difficult for her). So I was very happy to reacquaint myself with the Maile Court Sky. I would be very happy to stay there again, but since I live in Europe and have entered my seventies, I cannot be entirely sure that I will have the chance to come again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Aloha Ketilito! Thank you for returning to the Maile Sky Court Hotel. It's has been an honor and pleasure to have you as our return guest all the way from Norway. It's nice to know that we were able to meet all of your needs and provide a positive experience. I truly hope we will be able to cross paths in the future! Take care.

Been to Maile Sky Court? Share your experiences!