“Great budget hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Portland, Oregon
“Great budget hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was my 2nd try at an Aqua property and a much better experience than the first. For as old as the hotel is it looks great and the room was in fine shape. I didn't have much interaction with the staff but what little I did was great. They were very helpful and pretty quick with checking in and out. I had a great rate from a special they were running which was great for Waikiki. I'm actually heading back in 2 weeks and will probably be staying there again. Won't be getting the same great rate as last year,but still a good value. Oh, Eggs 'N Things is a few minutes walk away.HUGE bonus!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
On behalf of the management and staff, it has been an honor and a pleasure to have you as our guest. Please know that your feedback is very important to us, and it will be a valuable tool as we make changes to our facilities. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future.

935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I am not one to write reviews but I felt incredibly compelled to write one for this hotel. My husband and I have stayed at this hotel before back in 2009. It was cheap and a place to rest our heads for the night. Since we are military, that is all we really needed. We again reserved this hotel since we needed it for that purpose again. Today after taking a military flight and getting in at 1:00 am in the morning and not being able to get our luggage due to mechanical problems with our plane, we called the hotel to ask if we could change our reservation for the following day since we understood a refund would not be available. The hotel staff (Mark) was unwilling to budge and very rudely told us we should have called earlier, after we had only made the reservation just before our flight( 5 hrs earlier). I understand they are a business, but we have never had this problem with any hotel in Hawaii before. I would have understood if they had reserved that room and were completely booked, but they weren't! The only thing they could offer was for us to pay for an extra night on top of the one we had already paid for. We were not rude, and asked kindly if we could move it to later on in the day for the next day reservation. This will be the last time I ever reserve a room here! Completely Disappointed!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience. I am very disappointed to hear that you left Honolulu feeling awful. I understand that the actions of our staff made you feel frustrated and uncomfortable. To prevent future occurrences such as yours, I am hoping you will be able to contact me directly to discuss further. Please accept my apology for not being able to provide a positive experience during your stay at the Maile Sky Court Hotel.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is our second stay at the Maile Sky Hotel in Waikiki and we have been satisfied both times, the Hotel is located at the very beginning of Waikiki and a short walk to the center of all the action, the Ala Mona Mall is also a walkable distance from the Hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs which always great the the guest. This is not a fancy hotel by any means, the rooms are somewhat small but do have a fridge in the bedroom and a tub in the bathroom. The decor is basic but clean and so is the room and bathroom everything was clean and a great value if you want just want a clean bed and room this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for returning to the Maile Sky Court Hotel. Your repeat patronage is appreciated and we hope to be able to serve you each and every time you visit Waikiki. Thank you for also complimenting our team members, as they strive to provide exceptional service to all guests. Until we meet again, take care!
Newcastle, Australi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for years. The location is convenient. As long as you ask for a high room (20th floor or above) there is minimum street noise. The place is certainly showing its age and needs an upgrade. The beds and bedding are old (but the pillows are good). The carpets in the halls are dirty and the halls are hot and unventilated. But the rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is walking distance to Waikiki and Ala Moana beaches and shopping. There are also buses at the door. SpeediShuttle to and from the airport is the way to go. The restaurant in the lobby is convenient and the food is good.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the canal if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aloha Terri S! Welcome back to our hotel. It's nice to know that you are a many time return guest. We are grateful for your patronage to our hotel and appreciate your positive comments. Your feedback of the negative comments is also welcome, as we look to improve our facilities. Hope to see you soon!
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Make no mistake - This hotel does nothing to camouflage the fact that it's a budget place to stay.
First, the GOOD:
It is clean, no weird smells, and the front desk are very helpful and friendly. It's about 4 long blocks from the beach, but it is central and walking distance to the International Market place, and plenty access to the Waikiki Trolley and buses for shopping and dining.
The BAD:
It's very dated and old. The most disgusting things was, the most incredible views on the planet, was available from the Ocean View rooms, but all the windows are covered with a very old UV tinted film that's warped, yellowing and cloudy ..That made no sense to leave the film on the windows when , if removed, would be the big plus to all the other lowbrow amenities it had.They put only 2 paper cups in the restroom and only two very thin bath towels /cloths . make sure you bring your own soap the one they leave is the size of a quarter.The loungers in the lobby are very worn and dirty. Don't use this hotel unless you are never, ever gonna be in your room except to sleep.

Room Tip: They told me I was upgraded to an Ocean View room .I shiver to think what a lesser room would be lik...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Maile Sky Court Hotel and for sharing your concerns with us. I'm terribly sorry that we were unable to provide acceptable room accommodations. Your suggestions to improve our facilities are also appreciated. Thank you again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was my first trip to Hawaii and this hotel was recommended as an economical place to stay. I arrived on September 10, 2012 for a 5-day stay on the island of Oahu. Upon checking in I found the staff very friendly. My room was on the 34th floor so I had a wonderful view of the city and part of the ocean. The room was very clean with the exception of the windows. I would think that with sure a beautiful view that they would keep the windows clean. My only other complaint would have to be the very slow shower water pressure. Other than that, I had a great stay and within my budget. The hotel is just a short walk to Waikiki beach and close to lots of good restaurants. Matt at the concierge desk was very knowledgeable and helpful on the island tours. I found other staff members I had interaction with to be helpful also. All and all I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a budget in mind.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Mahalo for your patronage to the Maile Sky Court Hotel and for submitting a review on TripAdvisor. We are appreciative of your positive comments and also grateful for giving us an opportunity to improve on our discrepancies, such as the poor water pressure in the room. We hope we will be able to serve your future lodging needs.
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I really do not understand the bad reviews of this hotel. I was very apprehensive when we got there, but quickly learned to like the place. We had a great experience with them.
We stayed there for 5 nights in August and left very satisfied. First of all, this is a great hotel if on a budget, but camon'! do not expect the ritz! The staff was very helpful, they allowed a 4-hr early check in at no charge, the room was clean, we had fresh towels everyday, reasonable parking ($18/day & much cheaper than other hotels around), nice view and space, and allowed for a late check out for a very reasonable fee. We had no trouble checking in or staying there. And the security didn't make us feel unsafe like other reviews say, if anything it made it feel much safer. The room was fine, with a very nice small bathroom actually, nice views, plenty of space for 2 and air conditioning (what more could you ask for!). We had enough of everything, and if you are complaining about the wi-fi or having a 'motel feel' then go stay somewhere else and pay more. You're in Hawaii! you should not be in the hotel long enough to be on the internet, notice any stains or rips, bad paint, etc people! I would stay there again in a hearbeat. In the heart of Honolulu, very accessible, cheap and convenient. Book it! great hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor, and it was very quiet. I believe it was facing East.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aloha Sofia J! On behalf of the Maile Sky Court team, thank you very much for sharing the positive highlights during your five (5) night stay in August. We are grateful that you were able to enjoy your visit and know that we will see you in the future! Thank you again for your support!

Been to Maile Sky Court? Share your experiences!