“Best value per dollar spent” 3 of 5 stars

Maile Sky Court
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2058 Kuhio Ave., Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Ranked #66 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Renton
“Best value per dollar spent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Yes, it is showing its age but the Maile Sky Court is still a great value. Best budget hotel jacuzzi in Waikiki. Aqua is working hard to make this a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The higher level rooms will put you further from the Waikiki street noice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
On behalf of Aqua Hotels and Resorts, we thank you for staying at the Maile Sky Court Hotel. We are pleased that we were able to offer clean and affordable accommodations during your recent visit to Waikiki. Please come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I just stayed six nights at the Maile Sky Court with my girlfriend and all I have to say is Hey, its a cheaper hotel and you get what you pay for. All my gf and I wanted was a comfortable and less pricey place to sleep downtown, and we got it, for everyone complaining about the little things, the rooms were smaller but still comfortable, decent tv, bed was nice, windows maybe a little dirty but the view is still fantastic, and everyday the rooms were cleaned with fresh towels. It wasn't perfect, but its a simple place and I wouldn't have a problem staying there again.

However, my only complaint is the parking is $18/day which for budget travelers like my girlfriend and I, we were unaware of the cost of parking so it was sort of a surprise and although that doesnt seem like much per 24hr period, for budget travelers like my gf and I, it really did cut in deep to our overall vacation budget.
I believe the parking rates need to be revised, more options please.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Mahalo for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the time taken to share your experience and hope your information will assist others with their future visit to Waikiki. Please accept my apologies for the $18.00 parking fee. We will look into your suggestions regarding our parking fees. Thank you again for your patronage.
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here on a recent trip to Honolulu. Mainly booked it based on price. (Package deal from Pleasant Holidays.) Yes, the hotel probably could use some renovation, but our room was roomy and clean. The outside windows certainly need to be washed, however. The bathroom was a bit cramped but also very clean. For as much time as we spent in our room, the Maile Sky Court was a great value! I also liked the location ... on the edge of the action ... but certainly within walking distance of everything Waikiki has to offer. The staff is super nice and very helpful. Be sure to bring your cell phone as local calls are spendy :)

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for selecting the Maile Sky Court Hotel for your accommodations. We are happy to know that you were able to enjoy your stay at our facilities, along with the sights and sounds of Waikiki by booking a package through Pleasant Holidays. We hope you will be able to visit us on future trips.
Cable Bay New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed here for 12 days recently as part of a flight/hotel package deal with some extra days added...Internet:.. maybe they should consider free wifi in rooms... would make the proposition of staying a lot more appealing,,
Parking:... excessive at 18.00 per night... could be less for patrons of the hotel and more for casual overnight parking.. The Good side... I asked for an upgrade and was politely given a corner room with a kitchenette with great sea and city views... much appreciated thanks..... the outside windows need to be washed... they were dirty enough to make looking out very difficult... rooms were dated but adequate and clean... We only use our room to sleep in and watch a bit of news on TV, a few nightcaps before retiring for the next day... Would I stay here again..... maybe ...but then again....:}

Room Tip: Get one as high up as possible... the road noise can easily be heard on the lower floors All night l...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Aloha! Mahalo for choosing the Maile Sky Court Hotel on your recent visit to Waikiki and for providing your feedback about our facilities. We appreciate your patronage and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Pahoa, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

When I got out of the elevator the whole 15th floor smelled terrible! My room had a wheelchair accessible shower and the floor of the whole bathroom stayed wet. I had to use all but one towel to squeegee the floor to stop from slipping. After only 1 night stay, upon checking out I was accused of causing water damage to a wall that had so clearly been repaired many times. I raised my voice is disbelief and the security guard not only told me to "shut up" but threatened to hit me. I hat to "shut up" just to get my cash deposit back.
I live on the Big Island and left Honolulu feeling awful!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience. I am very disappointed to hear that you left Honolulu feeling awful. I understand that the actions of our staff made you feel frustrated and uncomfortable. To prevent future occurrences such as yours, I am hoping you will be able to contact me directly to discuss further. Please accept my apology for not being able to provide a positive experience during your stay at the Maile Sky Court Hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I wish I saw the reviews below before I booked here.. Out of my 6 day reservation I stayed only one night (just because I was tired). The only good thing about the hotel was the view from my room, and the front desk was nice. Everything else was very disappointing and this is the first time I have ever had to change hotels (and I travel for work). The bed is old and hard, the sheets are thin and worthless and very outdated and uncomfortable...I felt like I was laying on a plastic tablecloth. The pillows are cheap and thin. When I turned the faucet on for some water it leaked into a huge puddle below the sink...and since we mentioned the sink.. it has nasty water stains. I tried to save the work company credit card a couple bucks by staying at this (cheaper) hotel but ended up having to pay the extra money for the basics anyways. This hotel really needs a lot of TLC. Don't go the cheap route.. and don't stay here! We warned you!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
On behalf of the Maile Sky Court Hotel, thank you for your review of our facilities. We are disappointed and embarrassed to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for having to locate alternative accommodations during your visit to Waikiki, as we understand how this was frustrating for you. We appreciate your feedback and we are committed to taking necessary steps to minimize these inconveniences in the future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

First off, let me state that I'm not super picky about hotels. I travel a lot, and I'm used to budget stays (including dirty old hostels on backpacking trips). This hotel was below even my standards.

This is not a 2.5 star hotel. The walls and surfaces are dirty, the rooms are small, the beds are concave (literally, you could see a parabola shape), the hotel staff is not courteous, and it is no where near the quality I was expecting.Shortly after we entered the room, a loud drilling noise came through the walls to the point where we could not talk. For the first time in my life, I took a loss and checked out of this hotel after an hour.

As I said before, my standards are not high, and this is the first time in 5 years that I have felt that I needed to write a negative review. My expectations were not met in any way. The extra money for a better hotel would be totally worth it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
MaileSkyCourtHotel, Manager at Maile Sky Court, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. We are sorry for failing to meet your expectations and for any inconveniences endured. We truly value your patronage and appreciate your honest feedback. We look forward to taking the necessary steps to minimize these inconveniences in the future.

Been to Maile Sky Court? Share your experiences!