“A good, clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
GreenLeadersGold level
“A good, clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A clean hotel with great service and a great restaurant. Live music in the lobby nightly was a nice touch and the pool was always at perfect temperature. Thumbs up!! My only pet peeve is that today I don't believe we should pay for daily internet access in the room any more......just my opinion.

2,125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Omaha, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My primary purpose of this trip was for business. Had it been leisure I would've been extremely disappointed in the pool and pool bar. However, the rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. At times there was only one person working the concierge desk and people were lined up to speak with her. We waited for awhile and then went up to the front desk to ask for information.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

When I walked in to the hotel I knew I was going to love it! The food at the hotel was great. The pancakes where delicious and the service was great they sat you right away. The room was the best. After the 10 hour flight which was not fun at all I laid down right away. The pillows were so soft and the sheets were warm. The bath room was clean and had shampoo, conditioner, etc. The pool was perfect temperature the hot tub was a little to hot for my tastes but it was nice once I got used to it. They also had a drink bar at the pool. I loved this hotel so much!

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hilton recently in Waikiki near the water and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, we had a nice bathroom and a view of the ocean. The service was great and we especially enjoyed the Mac 24 Restaurant. We had a breakfast plan and Wi-Fi and it was well worth it. Loved the convenience to other stores and the bus line. We did a lot of touring in the city and enjoyed the lovely beach and our time there. Would definitely recommend it to anyone that might be visiting Hawaii.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Oahu, specifically Honolulu, was the 2nd part of my wife & I's dream Hawaii trip celebrating our15-Year wedding anniversary and of course we had our children with us. As a HHonors gold member I racked up enough points to book 3 nights in a standard (island view) room at the Hilton Waikiki. Upon checking in on a Sunday afternoon, the front desk greeted me warmly. After giving them my ID, I asked by chance would they have a ocean view room and they said they were indeed checking.

As luck would have it, one was available and I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a room on the 29th floor with a great view of Waikiki beach! The room was smallish but the decor was very nice and well appointed. The double beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. Did I mention the view? The hotel lobby was inviting and spacious. Mac 24/7, the restaurant on the lobby floor, was also pretty good.

The great thing about the Hilton Waikiki is that, although it's not right on the beach, is within very easy walking (1 block) from the beach, the nice shopping on Kalakaua Ave., as well as several shops and restaurants on Kuhio Ave. Since it is on Kuhio you will also find it a bit less noisy than being off of Kalakaua Ave which was a good thing in my opinion.

If you are planning a trip to Honolulu and Waikiki specifically, I would highly recommend the Hilton Waikiki Beach. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is great.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to minimize street noise (Waikiki always has something going on). If you have a...
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My trip was the best 20 days of my life. After serving 7 months in Iraq for a deployment this was a vacation out if a movie. We did everything from submarines to helicopters to paddle boards and scooters. The hotel offered it all and great location

Stayed August 2013
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I am not a big Honolulu fan, but I had to visit and needed a place for 3 night. I got a good rate at this Hilton. Its a large nondescript high-rise Honolulu-type hotel. Bottom line: The rooms were modern, clean and very comfortable. The location is good - 2 blocks from the beach and its about in the middle of the "strip". There is no resort fee so that is a plus and makes it a better deal. Its a pretty good choice for Honolulu for the price. I didn't see any reason to pay in the $300+ range to get closer to the beach or a more unobstructed ocean view.

Room Tip: Book a lower price room and try to get an upgrade to ocean view at check in.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!