“Newly remodeled, no roll-out bed” 4 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, United States
“Newly remodeled, no roll-out bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel is newly remodeled so everything in the room looks new and awesome. The hotel is one block from the beach, so the ocean view room have the view that includes other building in the way as well. The ocean view rooms are also got hot in the afternoon from directly sunlight. Even with AC on, it still warm. I would have chose city view side instead. Lastly, no roll-out bed and the bed is only full size, so 3-4 adults might have a hard time sharing the beds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent hotel, excellent service, excellent location. Everything about this hotel is excellent. Me and my wife stayed here for 2 days and enjoyed our stay here.
1. Excellent location, just one block away from the beach
2. Bus stop right besides this hotel.
3. Great staff and excellent service.
4. Rooms very clean, neat and tidy.
5. Very close to all the great stuff in waikiki. walkable
We would definitely come back here.

We

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 10th flloor. Pool is on the same flloor, so its very convinient. Even City...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Aloha, thank you for the excellent review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time around the area. We look forward to your return. Aloha and Mahalo

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was worried this hotel would be a little bad from some of the reviews I read but the room was awesome, the ocean view was perfect from the 29th floor. I told Kit, the lady that checked us in, that it was our 20yr wedding anniversary tomorrow and I would appreciate anything she could do. The next day when we returned, there were chocolate covered giant strawberries and a bottle of wine. I don't drink wine but wow, it was awesome service.

I didn't purchase the breakfast plan because I thought I could just eat out if I wanted to, and we did, but the 24/7 Mac restaurant was REALLY good. I would not have minded eating there every morning but we did venture out for breakfast and ate at some of the cheap local diners and a local IHOP.

The beach is literally one block away and the pink trolly stops right at the hotel. Buy a pass and use the trolley to get to the beach shops further away and the mall. We didn't realize how good it was until the last couple of days and just paid the $2 per ride fee which is still great.

Do not use the concierge. They are out to make as much money for the hotel as they can. They do not have your best interests at heart. Get a local shuttle company to take you to Pearl Harbor, not a tour company. Tickets are FREE at the gate.

The pickup for the Polynesian Center is at the Marriott directly across from the hotel, so it is just a few hundred yards walk, no need to pay extra to be picked up in front if you can walk across the street and down through their lobby.

Diamond Head is nearby and makes for a great hike if you're into hiking and seeing great views of Waikiki, the ocean, the crater, and the lighthouse.

I am a ham radio operator as well and I setup my antenna off of the side of the walkway to do Summits On The Air, or SOTA. Diamond Head is a SOTA peak.

The Hilton was clean and exceeded my expectations as a nice place to stay on Oahu. I would stay there again and recommend it to anyone else traveling to Hawaii.

Room Tip: Pick an ocean view, upper level floor. Ocean view is an upcharge but upper level floor can be had w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha and thank you very much for the wonderful review as well as the five stars. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time with us and that Kit made it a little extra special for you. It seems like you had a great time around the Waikiki area and the island as well. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon. Aloha and Mahalo

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

On arrival there was a problem with our booking (the fault of the booking company, not the hotel). The staff could not have done more to resolve the problem and ensure that we had a wonderful holiday. The food in the ground floor restaurant is fantastic and cocktails generous. The rooms are airy with great views of the beach on the upper floors.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for the five stars. I am very happy to hear that we were able to get your booking straightened out so that you can have a great holiday. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, the restaurant MAC 24/7 and the location. I hope you had safe travels home. Aloha and Mahalo
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I've stayed here dozens of times on business. As far as the general amenities are concerned it's no more than an above-average hotel, but the staff are always so nice, friendly, and helpful they make this hotel one of my favorites. The location is excellent as well, very convenient for all Waikiki has to offer.

The 24-hour health club is just average, but useable enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ewa Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked a one night stay in Waikiki to just get away. We live on the island, so being ocean front wasn't a requirement for us. We stayed in the Executive King Mountain View in room 3517. This booking included access to the Executive Lounge that had pupus and beverages from 5-7 pm and breakfast from 7-10 (although they actually were open until 11). We didn't realize we could get coffee 24/7 in the executive lounge so we paid almost $9 for 2 coffees at MAC 24/7 that were almost see through they were so weak.
Our first impression was that the hotel was nice. Not any nicer than anywhere else we've stayed. There was a bar in the lobby, but we found out later it is impossible to get ANY service there. We sat at the bar at 9pm for 20 minutes and not a single bar tender even said, "Hello" much less asked us for our order. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.
Our room was nice, again, not nicer than any other room we've ever been in. There was no bathtub in our room which we found weird. The cracked glass windows in the bathroom was weird also. The view was nice. We could see the Ala Wai Golf Course and my alma mater Chaminade University. There was only one robe in the bathroom and it was so stained I can't imagine anyone would want to wear it.
We went down to the pool, which I was excited to use because the pictures on the website were beautiful. Whoever the photographer was is a GENIOUS. The pool is teeny tiny, the hot tub is more lukewarm than hot, and again it was impossible to get a drink at the bar. BTW, the happy hour at the bar is between the 12 pm check out time and the 3 pm check in time (12-2). I can't imagine it's that busy.
There is a Catholic Church across the street from the hotel and Mass was just beautiful. It was a highlight of our evening. Later, after returning to our hotel room (at about 10:30) we wanted to relax and watch a little TV. Almost every single channel was a Made for TV Ad. After finally finding a movie we went to bed. The doors here are so think you can hear EVERYONE walk past your room. Thank God we weren't by the elevator.
This is where the real fun starts.
There were three places in our room with flashing lights. The phone, which we discovered was broken - so impossible to check our message and clear the light that constantly flashed. So, we put a towel over it to block it. The smoke detector had TWO flashing lights and neither flashed in any sort of pattern. So, we wrapped that with a towel as well. The last was some sort of motion sensor in the other corner of the room that was ALSO flashing. By 2 am I almost begged my husband to just take me home. We both felt like we were sleeping in a disco and even on the 35th floor we could hear the cars and sirens from the city.
Because we were told at check-in breakfast was only served until 10 we rushed down to eat. The spread was good - coffee that was actually coffee, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, and a ton of stuff I couldn't eat because of my celiac - pancakes, cereal, granola, toast, bagels, pastries, etc. Everything I ate was good. There were four TVs in the lounge and three of them were on some sort of infomercial (again!) about nutribullet. . .
I had a wonderful time with my husband without our kids (!!) but wish that we had just stayed home.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from any foot traffic.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Aloha and thank you for your comments about the recent stay you had with us. I would like to apologize about the service that you received and also that your expectations of the room were not met. These comments are not indicative of what we normally receive and I would like to reassure you that everything that was mentioned will be addressed in the correct fashion. Comments like these are great learning opportunities for the hotel to better itself for our future guests and I do wish you will come back and give us another try. Mahalo

British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Day 1 morning: went down for breakfast. Told we could sit by window but, as she led us to a window table, turned her back to us, slammed menus down and walked away, she mumbled something about not being served in that section. We left.
Day 1 morning part 2: left restaurant and went to front counter to ask about possible help charging cell phone (forgot charger at home).Response in a rather hostile tone: "I don't have Blackberry". When asked if the hotel might have chargers, she walked to other end of desk and held up a basket of chargers saying "I don't know what charger look like". Understanding that she wanted us to walk to where she was, we did so, then had to ask if we could actually look inside the basket.
We're pretty nice people and not ones to attract, nor incite negative service. Is there some kind of labour dispute going on at this hotel? The staff seem strangely hostile.
Also, the internet hardly works. It has taken me a day to download one episode of Downton Abbey.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Aloha and thank you for sharing your comments with us. I would like to greatly apologize about the service you received while staying with us. This service is not representative of what we practice on a daily basis. I will be sure to bring these comments to our Director of Restaurants as well as our Front Office Manager. Again, I apologize for what you experienced and hope that it did not damper the rest of your holiday.

Thomas Foti

Been to Hilton Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!