“very modern” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Kaunakakai, Hawaii
“very modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was surprised at how nice the room was- the drawback is that it was pretty small, but everything was clean refreshed and nice. The bed was great and the view was wonderful! Would truly come back again . I have stayed at the Sherton at Waikiki and at Best Westersn and this place is the best

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great ocean views, although two blocks from beach. Pool area good but was always windy. Staff excellent. on arrival, really made welcome and all requests were listened to, and great service was given.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Norfolk,MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

As the first leg of our Hawaiian Vacation we decided to stay here. We got a great rate on an ocean view room through Expedia, so we were very content upon arrival. We were a little cautious as we had read several reviews that said that the hotel has a tendency to overbook. At first it looked like our fears would be realized. We arrived at about 6:30 PM after a long 10 hour flight and they told us that our room was not ready. The front desk employee then proceeded to shuffle to the back room for about 5 minutes. Fortunately, when she returned she told us that they did have 1 oceanview room available for our 3 nights on the 32nd floor. As an apology for our room not being ready, she credited our account with $100 to grab some food at the hotel. We were satisfied and upon entering the room, we realized the wait was worth it. The room was great, clean, and had fantastic ocean views with balcony (especially from the 32nd floor). As a word of warning: The Balconies are nice to have, but they are not very private and they are not very big (only two people can fit on them). We had a few problems with our toilet (the flushing mechanism was broken), but the staff came right up and worked hard to fix the issue. The location of this hotel is great. It is only one block back from the beach, which honestly is nothing. Not many of the hotels on this side of the strip were right on the beach either. There was not too much in terms of restaurants in the immediate area; however, a few minutes walk and there are tons of places. The majority of the places are one street up and down a few blocks. We walked straight down the street the hotel was on and we only found a few places; however, the next day we realized our mistake when we walked up one street to the beach and then down: This is where the restaurants and shops are. We tried the hotel food on two occasions and found the food itself average, but the service was very good. One last thought: I had read several reviews that said the hotel was way too busy. The hotel was a lot less busy than I thought it would be. Waikiki is busy in general and I thought this hotel was not that busy compared to the rest. Overall, nice rooms and a good location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Hilton hawaiian village for half of my vacation then moved here because they were fully booked. Doesn't even come close. Rooms are smaller, service is worst, no ac in all public areas, executive lounge is sad, etc. I would say that everything is just average for this hotel but after my stay at the Village I have to say it was sub par. Never even recognized my diamond status.

• Stayed August 2013
Northamptonshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in June - 20th to 27th . We loved the hotel. The facilities were more than ample though we did not have time to use them as we were out on visits touring. Its location was convenient to get to Waikiki beach, the restaurants, catch the various tour buses, the street buses and street trolleys ... The room with a balcony was large, clean, comfortable and quiet... and a treat to be on the 26th floor looking directly out towards Waikiki beach... a perfect place to watch the early morning / late evening surfers or simply gaze at the skies.. we enjoyed the view of the MON when it was at its nearest to Earth.. what a treat... Staff were pleasant and helpful... breakfast and dinner were delicious and good. We felt at home.

Room Tip: The ocean view on the upper floors are great for watching Waikiki Beach ... Great display of changin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Hotel from August 7-14th for my family reunion. When I first got there, my fiance and I were placed in room 504. This was a room with two beds and a view of the beach which was just up the block but this room was to close to the street level and in the front of the hotel. Luckily enough, the staff was very helpful and we were able to moved to room 1519 the following day. That room was great for me...I was higher up, away from the elevators and had a great view of the mountains. My fiance and I were able to sleep with our balcony door open because of the great breeze. I didn't use the pool which was located on the 10 floor...due to the fact it was small and sometimes it can be extremely breezy out there. You can get free WiFi on the poolside and the lobby. You always need to use your hotel key for everything here...you need it for the elevators, business center, and the pool area. Safety is very important to them. Before I forget, it's best to request a microwave as soon as you check-in if you like to have one. There is a icebox/fridge, and coffee marker in the room within the cabinet. Also, the safe is located in the draw on the top left side. Yes, it's true that the closest is in the bathroom...kind of weird but I never use it.

Have to make it known that the beach is literally one block over...seriously. Less then 5 minutes to reach. You can pretty much walk to everything if you like to walk. If not, the bus and shuttle bus stops right in front. If you renting a car, park next door to the Banyan(hope I am spelling it right) for $15 per day. There are a lot of homeless people there but they don't anyone. If you looking for a good breakfast buffet please go to Duke's...food is sooo good. It's 16.95 per person. You can ask the locals for the best eateries. There is a good Thai food place on Lewster ave on the second floor...food is GREAT! Which I had it before I left....I will definitely miss Hawaii...will visit this beautiful place again. =)

• Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights before the Hawaiian islands cruise and three nights after the cruise. On both occasions we were upgraded to an ocean view room with a king size bed on an upper floor. The room was clean and pleasant. The bed was really comfortable.

The hotel is set one block back from the beach but it is within easy walking distance of shops, restaurants and pretty much everything you need. There is a stop for the Ala Moana shuttle right outside the door.

Our room rate included breakfast in the diner/restaurant downstairs. The first morning my husband's breakfast (bacon and eggs) was almost inedible as everything had been fried to a crisp. However, we did try again and had more success with the omelette and fruit. The breakfast vouchers we were given only allowed for one drink and one order each and it was table service not a buffet. This meant that you could have juice or coffee/tea, but not both. It all got very confusing when I asked if I could pay for the coffee!

It's interesting to note that this is one hotel in Waikiki that doesn't charge a resort fee.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room as it can be quite noisy due to the traffic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!