“Third Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Third Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is our third stay at this Hotel in four years. We just love the location - so close to Wailkiki Beach and although it is at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki we find many places within walking distance. The Bus and Trolleys also stop at the front door which makes it easy to get around. The staff were excellent - from the front desk, our room service and the restaurant staff at Mac 24/7. The concierge desk was very pleasant and helpful in suggesting new ideas. They even booked us a inexpensive and efficient shuttle to the Waikele Premium Outlets. The rooms are comfortable and roomy. We will be back.

Room Tip: The Ocean View rooms had glorious views and there is plenty of activity on Kuhio Avenue. The Mounta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

2,140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Krefeld
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been several times at the Hilton Waikiki and always love to return. The location is a little outside the center but everything is in walking distance: shops, restaurants, the beach.
The rooms and bathrooms are small, but modern. Everything is clean.
The executive lounge is not too fancy but the choice they offer is ok.
The pool area is very nice, however it is often windy and there are (because of the winds?) no umbrellas.
Everytime I return to the hotel, I learn that they improved something.
I absolutely like it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for continuing to return to our property. It is guests like you that let us know we are doing everything we possibly can to let everyone enjoy their stay. We look forward to seeing you again. Aloha and Mahalo.

Thomas Foti
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just returned from a week staying at this hotel with my wife and her parents. We encountered one problem--which I'll detail later--which would have prompted a lower rating, but when I informed the manager, he took care of it to my satisfaction. We looked at three hotels before booking this one, and we're very glad we chose the Hilton Waikiki Beach (formerly known as the Prince Kuhio--helpful to know if you stay here and a taxi or tour driver refers to it by that name). The front desk service was outstanding, grounds and rooms were clean and well maintained throughout. My wife and I stayed in an executive king room on the 35th floor. Some reviews have talked about the obstructed ocean view--but for the money, I couldn't have been happier. Yes, there are a couple high-rise hotels or condos that block part of the ocean view, but for the most part, it's a great view--from the ocean-side upper floors, you see plenty of ocean and beach from both inside the room and out on the balcony (which is small, but fine for two people). My in-laws had a third-floor room on the city side--overlooking the hotel's nicely landscaped garden and gazebo (which is also the view from most tables in the MAC 24/7 restaurant). The 10th floor pool is small, but the pool deck is fairly large, and it's all well-maintained. The pool bartender could not be more accommodating. We enjoyed several dinners and a lunch at MAC 24/7. One of the dinners was among the best of our week, and we ate at some other nice restaurants as well. Small purchases--such as soft drinks--were surprisingly inexpensive (that's a relative term for Honolulu) at the small hotel shop called the Market, so you'll probably do as well or better for those items there than at, say, one of Waikiki's ubiquitous ABC shops, which pretty much sell everything. Our only problem was with the snorkeling service that the concierge desk recommended--a tour called Tommy's. We booked and paid for the tour--to beautiful Hanauma Bay--through the concierge service. The Tommy's drivers--there were two of them, as you have to switch to another vehicle at one point--didn't provide everything their leaflet promised. We received no detailed instruction in snorkeling, nor did we receive the promised special mask cleaner--my mask fogged up immediately and frequently. While the hotel manager pointed out to me that the concierge desk is not in Hilton's employ--they work for Expedia--I in turn pointed out to him that this is nowhere evident--there's no sign disclaiming Hilton's connection. But even if there had been, the service provided by a contractor within their own hotel should reflect Hilton's standards. The manager agreed with me--and, as I mentioned above, he satisfactorily addressed the issue. Aside from that one experience, I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. As for location, it's an easy three-minute walk to the beach, and almost as short a walk to great restaurants and shopping.

Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a good hotel where the staff make it stand out. The rooms are comfortable with good views and clean. One evening I noticed one of the three bathroom lights had gone out. Next day the light was replaced without me ever having to bring it to anyone's attention. Myles at the pool bar is very helpful and always doing a little something extra for you. The bar tenders in 24/7 restaurant and lobby bar are very helpful. Elisabeth and Dorithy were especially fun and Elisabeth tipped us off to the best pizza in town. Desk staff also provided great service and they were always asking if I needed anything they could help with.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the less street noise. I heard no street noise on 33rd floor while friend had s...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

One block from the beach and on the main route for the bus.Walking distance to beach,zoo,aquarium.No noise stayed on the 23rd floor. Excellent concierge and the wifi in the room was an acceptable deal for a week.Our breakfasts were included which were the same as you would get anywhere I suppose. I would stay here again.Nothing to complain about at all,

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for the 5 stars, I couldn't be more happier that you enjoyed yourselves to the fullest. I am glad you also enjoyed our location in Waikiki, we feel that we are very centralized. Aloha and Mahalo!

Thomas Foti
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent a weekend at the Hilton Waikiki Beach. The hotel is about one block from the beach which is a short five minute walk. We booked an ocean view room and asked for a room as high as possible, so we ended up on the 30th floor. It was stunning and my husband and I spent many hours sitting on the Lanai enjoying the view and the view just watching the hustle and bustle of Honolulu, the surfers, the planes....we loved it! We ordered room service twice (breakfast on the lanai was just PERFECT!) from MAC 24/7. The Mac and Cheese is very yummy! On the downside, the hotel pool is tiny and very windy (10th floor)But let's be honest, why waste your time at the pool when you have a pristine beach right in front of you? Yes, you will hear city noises (doh you ARE in a major city!!!) It's not a remote beach in the middle of nowhere, so if you don't want to hear city noises book a hotel outside of Honolulu!! Splurge on the ocean view, get a room as high up as you can and enjoy the ocean breeze!

Room Tip: The higher the better!!! Ocean side, try to get a corner room :)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our check in with Chad at the front desk was more than I could expect after dealing with horrible airline issues.
We were immediately identified as Gold members and given all the upgrades that come with the program. The executive lounge included full breakfast and two hours of evening hot pupus.

Rooms are clean and the view from the 28th floor was great.

Staff was top notch especially Chad who remembered names in our party and gave out handy tips during our week long stay.
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was the service at the concierge office was undermanned and only dealt with one car rental company.
I recommend this hotel for anyone that doesn't mind to be a block off Waikiki.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!