“Outstanding Hilton Honors location.....Great executive lounge” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Hotel Credit/Night
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Bakersfield, California
“Outstanding Hilton Honors location.....Great executive lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our check in with Chad at the front desk was more than I could expect after dealing with horrible airline issues.
We were immediately identified as Gold members and given all the upgrades that come with the program. The executive lounge included full breakfast and two hours of evening hot pupus.

Rooms are clean and the view from the 28th floor was great.

Staff was top notch especially Chad who remembered names in our party and gave out handy tips during our week long stay.
The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was the service at the concierge office was undermanned and only dealt with one car rental company.
I recommend this hotel for anyone that doesn't mind to be a block off Waikiki.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We arrived on a Tuesday in perpetration for a cruise starting Saturday. What a nice property, every need was met and even a bottled water every day when your car is brought up from the parking garage. Lightning fast elevators, I mean quick.

Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Mac24-7 is great. The food and drinks are delicious and the people were all VERY helpful- especially at 5 a.m. The hotel itself is very nice and the room was clean and modern. At least one of the concierges is completely incahoots with the tour operators and will tell you there is no way to see Pearl Harbor without an expensive tour. That is a lie and we were able to do all the exhibits for a fraction of the price by taking the city bus and arriving early for same day tickets. The constant loop Hilton music-commercial in the lobby, hallway and elevator got to be so pervasive and ridiculous it was comical. We still joke about "vacation-itis" and it made me want to leave Hilton honors. Please don't sell us on staying at Hilton after we have already paid to stay there and are hoping for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. I am extremely glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, it is a favorite of the local community. I am also happy that you enjoyed your visit to the islands, we appreciate the Hilton loyalty. Mahalo

Thomas Foti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had some Hilton Honors points so my husband and I used them toward our 4 day stay here. It's just your basic hotel - no thrills or anything but it was very comfortable. It was just a couple short blocks to the beach so very convenient. We had our 4 month old with us and they placed us in the quieter part of the hotel which was nice. They even gave her a teddy bear with her crib which was a pleasant surprise. The room was clean and modern. The only complaint I really have is that the fridge in the room is not cold at all - I needed to store my breast milk and it was insufficient - I had to constantly fill the fridge with ice and was worried about spoiling my baby's food source - I don't think it would even be sufficient to keep beverages nice and cold - but they said that this was all they had. We also had access to the executive lounge for breakfast and afternoon pupus which was really nice - no complaints here because we didn't have to pay for it so it tasted real sweet - otherwise this would go a different direction ;) Overall, we enjoyed our stay here.

puyallup, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff at the valet and bell service was very helpful. My family of four arrived at 1 am and just came off a long flight from WA. We had a lot of bags which did not fit the rental car. My 4 year old son was already sleeping in the car and we had to go back to the airport to pick up the rest of our bags. MR. Ryan N. greeted us and saw that we were tired. After explaining our situation Ryan Nakashima said "don't worry about it you just sit back and we will take care of it". He pulled our bags from the car, tagged it and handed bottled water to my wife. On our return with the rest of our bags, he picked up all the bags and gave my wife a ticket. Just check in and we will deliver your bags to your room. We had 12 bags and most were heavy. When we got to our room, a few minutes later Ryan delivered our bags to our room. I wanted to help but Ryan said "just sit and relax you had a long day". That for us was extremely helpful in making us comfortable. This gave us the feeling we were in a safe place and can relax now. MR. Ryan N. made our stay extremely satisfying. His one of those who will go out of his way to make you comfortable. The Hilton is very fortunate to have him part of their staff. Thanks Ryan!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. I am ecstatic to hear all the great words about our valet and bell staff. I will be sure to let Ryan know of this review, I am sure he will appreciate every bit of it. We hope to see you again in the near future! Aloha and Mahalo

Thomas Foti
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because the reviews were great and we were happy to pay a premium price for an ocean deluxe room. We booked through a travel agent who did not know she had to request a king room and we were given two double beds which were really only king single size. It is supposed to be 4 star deluxe. But the room was very small, narrow, the balcony tiny with a limited view of the ocean through two high rise buildings in front and that was the 21st floor! When we asked for a king suite we were told we could have one 3 floors below us but not higher. The wardrobe is in the bathroom, my suitcase had to go under the 'desk' ( and it is not a large suitcase) and the desk chair had to fit down by the window. Staff were not overly helpful but friendly. The pool area was buffeted with wind every day, sterile but reasonable to sunbathe and swim. It is close to town and beach and all amenities. The hotel was obviously booked up and very busy but they had deals on line which would have been much, much better value than what we paid. I would definitely not stay there again, nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We requested a higher floor upon booking our Ocean View Deluxe room but it made no difference. There...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Aloha KimNic-123-

Thank you for the review of the Hilton Waikiki Beach. I am very sorry to learn that your experience was not a fantastic one! Please accept my sincere apologies that the room with double beds was not what you had hoped for. It is true that many of our guests enjoy staying in a room with a king bed and thus request them in advance. Additionally, I am sorry that the size of the room was not sufficient for you. This is not a comment that we hear freqnently, but sincerely apologize that this was not to your liking.

Mahalo
Muscat Governorate, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

There are many Hilton's in Honolulu and when I read the reviews this was the best voted among All, but I was in for disappointments I booked a deluxe ocean view but when we arrived the hotel
Was not right,At the Waikiki Beach i mean not on front line and we were given seventh or eighth floor and the ocean view
Was very far away and we requested a King bed but given a twin bed and we pleaded that it was
Our 35 TH wedding Anniversary but in vain.The Hotel looks like a three stars and not very clean ,the balcony was filthy,the size of the rooms are okay but the bathroom are tiny like a closet .
The quality of food is poor and pricey.Our credit card has been over charged after we left and we settled all our bills,when we called from L A and we inquire why?.The ridiculous answer was that our policy and we will reimburse you later...Never heard of this before not on Reputable Hilton Hotel.I will never stay again or recommend to anybody.

Room Tip: Stay away near the lift as there is a lot of noise from the lift you can hardly sleep Ask for the v...
Green Features: There is none that which are follow by the Hotel Staff example they say to help the environment reuse the towels and we do that but the next things we find all our towels removed from the rack And new one provided.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha hilmiya-

Thank you for reviewing the Hilton Waikiki hotel. Upon reading your review, I was very disappointed to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one. Please accept my sincere apologies that we only had double bedded rooms available when you arrived. So many of our valued guests enjoy sleeping in a king bedded room and thus reserve them in advance. Additionally, please accept my apologies that you did not find the hotel clean. We have shared this with the houseleeping team and in particular with the room attendant that serviced your particular room so that future valued guests do not incur a similar expereience.

We do hope that you might give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.

Mahalo

Been to Hilton Waikiki Beach? Share your experiences!