My husband and I stayed for 6 nights in total; spread over two weeks. We took the cruise in the middle of our stay. Our executive level rooms (Levels 35 & 36) we perfect on each occasion, but the executive lounge leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to food and beverage and the lounge did not provide access to beverages for the entire day. I think someone forgot that people actually pay extra for the executive lounge access and it would be good to have a little more for our money in that respect.
However, on the upside, this is a very comfortable and relaxed hotel and the staff go out of their way to be helpful without sacrificing their professionalism. The executive level rooms do provide a fantastic view of the beach or mountains; depending on your preference and rate. Another bonus is they have a 24/7 cafe and although choices may be limited (if you are into healthy eating) it is handy if you come back late from a tour or need to leave very early. An alternative to eating at the hotel is the ABC store on the adjacent corner which has snacks and alcohol; as well as all the touristy rubbish you can imagine.
Kit on Reception was particularly helpful and went out of her way to put us into a room early, after we returned from the cruise; we really did appreciate her efforts. I would stay there again but probably not pay for the executive level.
The name is confusing to some tour operators and taxi drivers, so be sure to emphasise that it is the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel. Some operators still call it the King Kuhio/Hilton, don't panic; they haven't caught up with the current name. Just make sure they understand it is not the Hilton Village but the "other one".
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. An exciting new addition is MAC 24-7 featuring modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Amex, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.