My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Beach for 8 nights starting Jan 10, 2013. The hotel is located on a quiet part of Kuhio, one of the two main roads through Waikiki.
The rooms are excellent and only have a few quirks. First off, why do hotel designers want to make bathrooms more visible? There are beautiful glass windows that look into the bedroom area from the bathroom. There are blinds you can close but otherwise the other people in the room will see you using the facilities - kind of odd. Also the main closet is located in the bathroom - also unusual. The last downside - there is a lanai but it is so small to render it really not usable. If you want a lanai, look elsewhere.
Wireless internet is now available in guest rooms but its a $50/week charge PER device! I'd rather it be lumped into the room rate - who DOESN'T want Internet in this day and age? This is a big annoyance.
Having said that, the rooms ARE modern and comfortable. The service was really good and we loved the location. We had a room on the 18th floor facing the mountains and it was beautiful. It is worth the cost for upper floors. If you can find the money for a high floor ocean view, we'd highly recommend it.
Bus service is literally outside the door of the hotel. A trolley or The Bus will take you anywhere you want to go.
We used the concierge a couple of times and she was really helpful. They also allowed us a room for an hour the day we were leaving so we could freshen up after having been out and about after checking out. This allowed us to get ready for the long flight home.
Next time we are in Honolulu we will consider this property again. Its amenities and locations are considerable and we thought we got good value.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. An exciting new addition is MAC 24-7 featuring modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Amex, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.