This hotel is the former Prince Kuhio Hotel, as it is still often called by locals.
The hotel is not directly on the beach as many other Waikiki hotels are, but is located about a block from Kuhio Beach which is east of and contiguous with famed Waikiki Beach. It is also easy to walk to the Zoo and Diamond Head area (or a short bus ride away).
Waikiki is a lively and busy area with a distinctly international flavor.
Miles of shopping and dining venues surround you and you can stroll while shopping and enjoying the views or you can take a Waikiki shuttle or trolley- style bus.
This hotel is clean and stylishly appointed. (The lobby furniture is starting to show some wear, however.)
Service is friendly and all employees that I encountered showed the "aloha" spirit.
As a Hilton Gold member I received a room upgrade to an Executive floor ( I was on 15th floor).
I would recommend the higher floors (it has over thirty floors) for better views (view of ocean obscured on lower floors by buildings closer to beach) and even on 15th floor could hear some if the traffic noise below even with lanai door closed.
The rooms are of adequate size (I had two double beds for 3 adults).
There is an awesome 42" flat screen with ability to connect laptops and other devices to play through the surround sound speakers or display using the big size screen.
The room had mini-refrigerator and room safe. Mini coffee-maker also available.
There is a nice roof-top pool as well as fitness center.
There is a well- known 24 hr restaurant on-site.
Hilton Gold and Diamond members also have hot breakfast daily as well as early evening appetizers. Food selections are satisfactory and met typical Hilton quality. There features make the stay there even more economical and convenient.
The hotel is conveniently located to bus stops, the closest of which is just outside the hotel. Honolulu traffic can be frustrating and slow, so bus service is an inexpensive way to view the island.
Bus fare is $2.50 one-way, even if you want to travel around the island.
Families might find the Hilton Hawaiian Village with more kid-friendly features, but is a solid choice for adult travelers.
Only two negatives from my stay: first of all, there was the curious location of closet being located in the bathroom area, making it inconvenient to access the closet when someone else was using the bathroom plus the dampness of the closet after people finished showering.
Secondly, when waiting for commercial transportation to the airport, we were not directed by staff to proper pickup point;
We were not told to go the pickup point in a side alley; instead we waited by Bell Desk for 1/2 hr. and learned of this error only after calling the dispatcher.
Overall, this is a conveniently located hotel with high level of service. It does not have some of the opulence, glamor, or kid-friendly features as some of the other Waikiki hotels, but is a solid value and one that I would recommend without reservation.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. An exciting new addition is MAC 24-7 featuring modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Amex, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.