“A great ride with strangers!” 5 of 5 stars

$55*
and up
Ranked #45 of 214 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A great ride with strangers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This review is for the the 100% Dirt Mountain Biking in Kaaawa Valley, but could be used for any of the tours the company offers, I suspect. From the owner to the guides that I met on the van ride out to the tour spot, CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS TOP NOTCH. All were well-informed, fun, and safe, particularly our guide, Jeremy.

I had called ahead to see about the intensity of the ride, as I was looking for a strenuous ride. John, the owner, called back quickly and explained that the ride would be dependent on the group's ability, but that there would also be sections to ride at your own pace. We happened to have a solid group of riders, so it flowed well. No, it wasn't an epic ride, but I was reminded that not every ride has to blow my mind. Jeremy's fun facts and lore about the Kaaawa Valley and Hawaiian culture, the beauty of the terrain, and riding with other MTB-ing enthusiasts was reward enough.

Another shout out to Jeremy for taking the time to tell me about some of the better places to ride on O'ahu. This combined with the book the owner wrote, "Mountain Biking the Hawaiian Islands," led to the epic rides I was in search of.

Keep up the great work, guys!

Mahalo!

Visited March 2013

“So Happy We Did This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We signed up for the Rainforest to Reef tour. Our tour guide Cory was awesome! We were the first to be picked up and from the start he was fun to talk to. We went up to a residential area and hiked into private land that was breathtaking! It was a beautiful hike that actually took some skill to do. They provided us with ponchos, water, homemade trail mix and boots. We hiked to a waterfall. On the way back we went through an amazing bamboo forest. After that we were taken up a hill 5 miles where we got on bikes and road downhill for 5 miles. We stopped halfway and ate lunch that was provided and took pictures at a beautiful spot where we could see all of Honolulu, Diamond Head and more. Due to weather they had to cancel the sail and snorkeling part. I was sad but we could have gone another day if we hasn't left the day after. They refunded us a portion of our money without any problems. I would highly recommend this tour and tour company! If you get Cory, ask him to serenade you! ;)

Hallidays Pt Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend a day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

It was a rainy miserable day which just added to the adventure of the 100% dirt mountainbike tour. We were covered in mud splatters! Jeremy was a very informative tour guide.
It was a very easy ride on well marked gravel roads thru lots movie scenery.
A lot easier than expected . Longer than necessary stops at each film location, I would have liked more riding- this does make it a do able trip for a beginner though.
Enjoyed it !

Washington DC, District of Columbia
12 attraction reviews
“Great Hike and Bike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We signed up for the full day hike, bike, sail and snorkel. The hike through the rain forest was amazing (guide was Jeremy) - it was nice being away from the crowds of people you see on the other Oahu hikes and we got some amazing photographs. (While you can do this hike in tennis shoes, I wish I had worn my hiking boots.) Since no one uses the property except this tour company, everything was essentially untouched making this was one of the highlights of our vacation. Following the hike we ate the lunch that was provided - this turned out to be fresh and healthy (turkey sandwiches, etc.). The bike ride following the hike was enjoyable - because it is all downhill it was easy and there are some beautiful vistas to see along the way. Our only complaint is that our sail/snorkel was cancelled twice because not enough people signed up and this was a disappointment.

Visited February 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Half day waterfall hike is a must do in Oahu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great day out with a friendly, informative and patient instructor (Jeremy). Walk is relatively easy but wouldn't suggest it if you are extremely unfit or have knee/ankle issues. Absolutely stunning scenery-we were very relaxed after the hike. The trek is separate to other tours in the area so it is much more relaxing and personal. Highly recommend!