“Fantastic lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Red Deer, Canada
“Fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Thank you Honolulu transit system for not running the busses very often on Sunday. We decided instead to walk back from Diamond Head trail to our condo in Waikiki. We happened to walk past this restaurant. The smell coming out of the door was fantastic. Having just done the hike we were hungry.

I had the chicken Matsu while my friend had the Ahi tuna and both were superbly cooked and had wonderful flavour.

The place was full and rightly
So. It is a bit of a walk from Waikiki beach but well worth it.

My friend and I highly recommend it.

Check them out on Instagram! I asked the guy running the till if they were on tripadviser and he didn't know. I told him I was going to immediately recommend their place.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great local restaurant near Waikiki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If your interested in eating more like the locals this is the place for you. Just outside of Waikiki between the Honolulu Zoo and Diamondhead. Full plate dinner plus drink for $12. The Garlic Grilled Ahi was great. Worth the short cab ride from Waikiki

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, New Jersey
“Fresh and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a local and did not disappoint. All of the food was fresh and great. It was a little hot/stuffy inside for my taste but not unbearable. Prices were really reasonable as well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottumwa
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for lunch, and we are so happy we did, as it was one of the best meals we have had in the Waikiki area. Excellent seafood with accompaniment of rice and pasta salad...and drinks cost a mere $1. Full of locals too so you know there is good food at a good price. Wish we had discovered it earlier and not wasted our money and taste buds on typical tourist food.

Sidney, Maine
“Holy Tuna Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I ordered the garlic ahi plate and WHOA! The tuna steak was HUGE! I could barely eat half of it. The tuna was super fresh and prepared absolutely perfectly. The plate was $12, and you could easily split this between two people.

The atmosphere, as others have mentioned, is super fun. Western, with antiques thrown in too (at great prices). Fun times!

Visited January 2013