“Polite, attentive & big American portions” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Il Lupino Trattoria & Wine Bar

Il Lupino Trattoria & Wine Bar
2233 B-180a Kalakaua Ave, Suite 110, Royal Hawaiian Center, Bldg. B, Level 1, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
808-922-3400
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Lupino Trattoria & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 1,792 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seaside Avenue
UK
“Polite, attentive & big American portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My friend and went this evening and it was a delight to find a restaurant that was a bit different from the normal American diner style. We were served very quickly with cocktails ($13 each) and boy, were they strong. Table water & bottled water was offered immediately, along with fresh,home made brad, served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

We had two waiters serving us - one for food and one for drinks and they were very professional & sweet - able to answer what was in the dishes and, when we asked for the bruschetta to have an extra one on the plate, they were lovely about it. No questions asked. The starter portions are large though. The meatball of veal, beef & chicken was gorgeous and again....big!

We had a dinner of pasta ragu and then beef with mash. Following on was a port and the whole meal was $158. The setting was delightful - flames on top of poles, green lawns and sparkly lights. It is a great place and comes highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful Setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My mom and I found Il Lupino after deciding not to brave the hour long wait for the Cheesecake Factory! It is set back in a beautiful courtyard area with a pond and twinkle lights on the trees. We shared a pizza and each had a salad and it was more than enough food. Everything was tasty and the service was friendly. We would visit again.

Sydney, Australia
“Fraudsters ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great food. Just watch out the management are fraudsters. They wanted a $100 US tip I refused I gave them a cash tip I sign the credit card at USD$214. They added USD$40 to our credit card without my acknowledgement the staff are super sneaky when it comes to money as the waiter claimed they do not get paid in there and rely on tips just to live
Be careful do not leave any money lying around

Vancouver, Canada
“Great vibe & location but service fell short”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have dined at this eatery at breakfast & had 2 great dining experiences. Thought we would check out dinner. The location & vibe is excellent. Our main course took almost an hour. I waited 30 min for a wine refill. There was lots of serving staff butt they looked disorganized. Overall dinner experience was disappointing.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Buenos Aires
“Nice place, worst food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

During my trip to Honolulu I had the "luck" to have dinner at Il Lupino. The place is nice, we had an outside table. Is I always do, I had a Capresse salad to start. I would have payed for this 3 dollars, come on!! To pricy and didnt blow my mind. I expect a mind blower salad for 14 dollars.
Mi girlfrind had the truffle gnocci. The sauce was Ok but the pasta tasted as it would be 1 hour at the stove.
My pasta was well cooked but again nothing to make me go back.
When you charge 30 dollar on a PASTA plate you expect this to be perfect. None of the dishes covered my expectations.
WOULDNT go back or reccomend it.

• Visited March 2014