“Jedi is an awesome instructor” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 356 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small local company that prides itself on delivering quality surfing experiences that are fun, safe, and rewarding. Our licenced instructors specialize in private lessons and customized surf tours for all ages and levels.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San diego
“Jedi is an awesome instructor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Jedi reminds me of Paul Rudd from Forgetting Sarah Marshall. He was our surf instructor and totally fit the bill. Great experience and made it super easy. He set My friend and I up with wave after wave and we got up easily every time. Meanwhile we saw other instructors out there and literally got into a collision. Jedi saw it coming the whole time and kept us safe while shredding the gnar.

Thanks so much Jedi and gone surfing Hawaii. We will Def be back.

PS sorry for taking so long to write the review.

Visited August 2013

“Stand Up Paddle Board lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really had a nice time! The staff is very good, and helpful. The equipments were in excelent conditions. I really recommend!

Tuttle, Oklahoma, United States
“Best surfing lesson company on Oahu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you are going to take surfing lessons on Oahu, look no further. Gone Surfing Hawaii is absolutely wonderful! My family of four had 3 instructors. My girls (ages 9 and 21) each had their own private instructor and my husband and I had a semi-private lesson. We were so impressed with the instructors - Trevor, Jedi and Theo. Our 9 year old just adored Trevor! He is fantastic with children and was very patient and sweet. Jedi and Theo also were wonderful instructors that really strived to teach you good technique and make sure you were able to catch the right waves and just enjoy your day in the water. I highly, highly recommend Gone Surfing Hawaii. My 9 year old enjoyed surfing so much, that we took the lessons again two days later!! Thank you Trevor, Jedi and Theo! You guys were the absolute best!!

Visited October 2013
Pleasant View, TN
“Awesome surfing lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Fantastic first surfing lesson! One of the reasons we chose Gone Surfing Hawaii was because of the short land lesson (only 15 minutes compared to others of 30 minutes or more). This was perfect! We had fantastic staff and got in the water quickly. Was up for a long ride on the first wave I caught. The staff was all fantastic. This was great first surfing lesson! We waited a little long to arrange our lessons; We still got lessons the next day!

Visited July 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Having surfed on the north shore a few days ago, we wanted to try our hand at surfing again in Waikiki. My husband and I have been surfing a few times before so we wanted to give shorter longboards a shot. Jojo, who came highly recommended by the concierge at Trump, was fantastic. She brought out 3 boards of various lengths for us to try out at Pops, a 12, 11 and 9 footer. She gave us great tips during the lesson, and is just a very funny and charismatic person to hang out with, while maintaining a level of professionalism at all times. Perfect combination, really. Gone surfing deserves its status as the #1rated activity in Waikiki.

She also gave us great restaurant tips too!

Visited October 2013