“Book 'em; you won't regret it” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: At Gone Surfing Hawaii, we live the motto, "Less Work / More Surf" because being in the ocean isn't just our job, it's a lifestyle and we love it. Our qualified instructors teach all ages fundamental techniques that can have anyone surfing in no time. So whether you're charging waves for the first time, or taking your skills to the next level, let us bring a little "More Surf" into your life. When you're ready to journey beyond Waikiki, join us for a full day's adventure along the North or East shores exploring surf spots, sights and local foods. Gone Surfing Hawaii is a small, locally owned and operated company. All Our lessons and Tours start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the surf for a rush of wind and waves. No worries, our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water, we show you how to read the waves, position your take off, and the etiquette of wave riding. Whether you're a one-on-one type or you prefer fun with friends, our customized lessons and tours are built to make your adventure on the waves one to remember.
Tampa, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Book 'em; you won't regret it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a fairly large group - 3 adults & 3 kids under the age of 12. They split the semi-private & private lesson costs, so we didn't all have to pay for private lessons, but we were still all out there learning together & all received individual attention. Every one of us got up. We obviously received great instruction, because there were several of us that didn't think even that was going to be possible. The nudges & toe tows were extremely helpful, also. Long story short, JoJo's awesome, & she's got a great crew to help - what an incredible team! I'll be telling people for years about what a fantastic vacation we had, & that group of people will be in our thoughts, stories & pictures along with those memories.

Would definitely recommend. I have no negative feedback or suggestions on how they could perform any better. There are tons of hacks out on the beach with nothing more than a sign that want to take your money - most lack the vocabulary, patience & skill needed to properly teach. I consider it money well spent & would do it again.

Visited November 2012
jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Aloha Sean and Ohana- we were stoked to get everyone up and riding. I will pass on the kind words to the boys :) Hope to see the whole family again in the new year!

Tokyo, Japan
4 attraction reviews
“A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This is highly recommended. They were so good I went back to them 3 times. They got us surfing in no time (we're complete beginners) and 99% of the time you are out on the waves - it's well worth it.

Above all they are really professional,friendly, patient and cool.

Definitely - Check them out, you'll have a blast :)

Solid! Thanks Jojo,Jake and Raphael for a great time! Gareth

Hey Gareth- stoked you and your (soon to be) nephew came out with us! Great job to both of you, and we'll see you guys next time your in town.
Aloha, jojo.
Gilbert, Arizona
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As someone who has spent very little time in the ocean and who has never surfed, I had an amazing first time experience!! The lessons were very understandable and the instructor immediately made me feel secure in the ocean. I was able to surf without and struggle and had an unforgettably fun time. Jojo you're awesome!! Thank you so much for making it such an enjoyable and special time :) I would highly recommend you guys to anybody considering surfing lessons!!

Visited October 2012
jojobernadette, Owner at Gone Surfing Hawaii, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Mahalo- hope to see you in the water again! :)
Brussels, Belgium
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My gf and I were standing for the first time on a surfboard, and with Jojo as instructor our first (and the second 2 days later) lesson turned out to be a wonderful experience! She took us to a non-crowded spot, a few minutes paddling from Waikiki beach, after short instructions on the beach. The surfing was really fun and unforgettable (spotting turtles included).
I would definitively recommend Jojo to family and friends! She gave her instructions based on our level of achievement so we both profited. We never felt unsafe or in danger during the lesson on the ocean.
Sporting for two hours (and mainly using my arms) however provided me with some unimagined difficulties to put on my t-shirt the following day ;)
Toby/Belgium

Visited October 2012
Mahalo for your review Toby. Glad you got your girl to come out surfing as well- take care.
Massapequa, New York
“Made our first time easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I really wanted to try surfing while on our honeymoon in Hawaii, and my wife agreed to go along. Our instructor Ryan was simply amazing and Gone Surfing Hawaii is definitely the company to choose when looking for lessons. Our lesson was just the two of us and Ryan. You start on the beach, where you get a safety lesson and they break down how to stand up in a very simple way making sure you are ready to try on the water. Ryan was great in getting us out and even dragged my wife along. We were both able to stand up the very first time. As a bonus I even saw a sea turtle.

Visited October 2012
Mahalo for your review. Seeing turtles is a plus for sure:)