“above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alex's Aquatic Adventures

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
1125 Ala Moana Blvd Honolulu Hawaii 96814, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
+1 808-232-3193
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Alex Mason. I am a PADI Master Instructor which is the highest instructor rating you can achieve from the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. I have been teaching SCUBA-diving in Hawaii for over 13 years with a perfect safety record. I am able to teach all courses from Discover SCUBA diving all the way through to dive master, I am also qualified to teach 18 different specialties.If you are looking for a small company that takes pride in what it does, you have definitely found the right place! I take out very small groups: a maximum of four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor for both the Open Water Certification course and our Discover SCUBA diving ADVENTURE! My maximum ratio for licensed SCUBA divers is 6 to 1; however 90% of the time we have between two and four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor.This does not mean I can not manage larger groups; I definitely can. For larger groups, I would employ dive masters or instructors to help me best suit your needs, giving you the best ADVENTURE ever. I will still manage the day and make sure everything runs smoothly, as I am always present with you on the boat. My company is small enough to care; my management skills are excellent so I can organize any size group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I have been diving with Alex for the past 10 years when i come to Hawaii. Alex has an exellent knowledge of the local marine life and what you may see at the dive sites. While on the dive he searches to find the hard to see marine life and bring them to the divers attention. i have receive different certification levels from different dive shops in the states and Alex is the only one to go beyond the required instructional and teach alternate techniques from various agencies. Him doing this has helped me become a better and safer diver. When i dive with Alex i feel as if i am getting the best possible dive that i can.

Visited October 2010

Vancouver, Canada
“Best Dive in Honolulu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

My siblings and I dove with Alex and his mate 4 times in Honolulu, and we all think these are some of our best dive experiences ever! Both guides are really good in finding unique aquatic life of Hawaii, especially those micro ones, and sea turtles! Haha! I highly recommend them to any divers visiting Honolulu, who want to enjoy their dive experience to the max!

Visited January 2011
Towanda, Kansas
“You can't get any better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This December was our second dive with Alex and his mates. When we decided to dive the first time, December 2009, we were quite nervous about it. OUr fears were quickly eased and gave way to a fantastic experience.
Alex handles everything, is a professional and a great people reader! He is very sensitive to a first time or inexperienced divers fears and limitations. Alex provides plenty of time for divers to get used to the experience and his mere presence is reassuring. He takes care of the equipment and you can be assured that it will fit and be in good working order.
Our daughter and son-in-law accompanied us on our Hawaii trip this year. It goes without saying that when we decided to dive again this year, Alex was our choice. We wanted our "children" in the most capable hands. Even though we went to Maui this year, Alex agreed to fly to Maui to dive with us, brought his wife who is also a dive master and a friend of his who knows the dive sites on Maui, saying he wanted to make sure that we were safe. What an experience it was again. When I got myself into a little trouble in the water, he handled it quickly and calmly. I had no questions about going right back down after our surface because I knew Alex was right there. I can't say enough about this fella and his expertise. He's the best!

Visited December 2010
Topeka, Kansas
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

One of the best experiences of my life! Alex, his wife and his friend traveled to Maui to scuba with our family. They were extremely patient with us as we learned the ropes. Alex went out of his way to ensure that we had a successful and wonderful dive. This was my first time to scuba, so I was a little worried at first. I felt completely safe with Alex as our dive instructor and ended up having the time of my life. I would recommend Alex's Aquatic Adventures to anyone (especially those new to scuba) wanting to experience scuba. You couldn't ask for a better instructor!

Visited December 2010
Nanaimo, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I dove with Alex two times during my vacation in Hawaii, and both dives were great. Alex knows what he is doing, and gave me lots of helpful tips during the dives. We dove both the Sea Tiger and the YO 257, and each time he took me inside the wrecks with flashlights which made the dives that much better. He knows where everything is, and points out many small creatures. The price is very good, and it is well worth the money, as you get one of the funniest and knowledgeable people in the Hawaiian diving industry. I would recommend Alex to all of my friends, and the next time I am in Honolulu, I will definitely go diving with him again.

Thanks again!