“What an adventure it was....Alex handles it all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alex's Aquatic Adventures

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
1125 Ala Moana Blvd Honolulu Hawaii 96814, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
+1 877-617-2822
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 281 activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: My name is Alex Mason. I am a PADI Master Instructor which is the highest instructor rating you can achieve from the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. I have been teaching SCUBA-diving in Hawaii for over 13 years with a perfect safety record. I am able to teach all courses from Discover SCUBA diving all the way through to dive master, I am also qualified to teach 18 different specialties.If you are looking for a small company that takes pride in what it does, you have definitely found the right place! I take out very small groups: a maximum of four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor for both the Open Water Certification course and our Discover SCUBA diving ADVENTURE! My maximum ratio for licensed SCUBA divers is 6 to 1; however 90% of the time we have between two and four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor.This does not mean I can not manage larger groups; I definitely can. For larger groups, I would employ dive masters or instructors to help me best suit your needs, giving you the best ADVENTURE ever. I will still manage the day and make sure everything runs smoothly, as I am always present with you on the boat. My company is small enough to care; my management skills are excellent so I can organize any size group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bremerton, Washington
“What an adventure it was....Alex handles it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Alex's Aquatic Adventures doesn't mess around. My wife wanted to learn how to dive as I am already qualified. She contacted Alex and we were off and running! He gave her the complete package of study aids early in the week and had her study so she'd be ready to learn the in water skills on the first part of the weekend. He offered hotel pick up and off we went. She caught on quickly as Alex is very clear and concise. He made the experience successful and rewarding. I was able to ride along and observe on the weekend's dives. It was a good time as Alex knows his business and has done this a time or two in the past! He's a dedicated professional and 100% trustworthy.

If you are looking for quality SCUBA instruction you should contact Alex! [--]

Charles

Hiawatha, Kansas
“Very professional and safe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I have had the privalege of diving all over the world. I've seen a number of operaters and can tell within a short time if the Divemaster and staff are safe and where their priorities are. Alex Mason is very professional and knowledgeable about the local dive sites, various equipment and individual needs. He is enthusiastic and very tentative, very intune to a divers limitations and skill set. His focus is on safety and customer satisfaction. The end result being, you the diver haveing a wonderful experience in Hawaii's beautiful waters. If you are interested in addind additional specialties or advanced certifications, all are availible as best as can be on your timetable.He provides additional amenities, such as hot towels and other personal touches that make his company a cut above.
Enjoy,
Greg Malter

“Alex Mason is the most qualified and capable dive instructor I have ever met, and I have met many.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010 via mobile

Alex took me from my open-water through dive master certification. I recommend him highly.

Chicago, Illinois
“One of the, if not the, best divemasters I've had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I've been diving for about 12 years now, and Alex has been the best I've dealt with. Knowledgeable about diving, the dive sites, and the local dive industry. Is straight with you, no BS. Enthusiastic about what he does and safety is #1 with him.

As others have mentioned, he will adjust the dive to your skill level. The hot towels at the end of the second dive are wonderful.

First started diving with Alex at the suggestion of a friend living in Honolulu who's been diving with him for years. I've been diving with Alex three times now as I go to Hawaii fairly regularly to visit family. Every dive's been great and I will definitely dive with Alex again.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“#1 dive company on Oahu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

Diving on Oahu differs from diving in other parts of the world. Majority of dive companies here do not own their own boat (the ones that do I would not waste my time with). Most dive companies are managed by independent instructers who pay the boat owners a fee for the boat seat and the instructor takes care of the rest (tanks, gear, transportation, guide etc.) When you talk to the other companies and look on their web sites it's hard to realize this. Alex does not sugar coat this, what you see is what you get. He shoots you straight. He has a great eye for marine life and safety. He has been doing this for a while and still enjoys it. The quality you get with Alexs Aquatic Adventures you will not find with any other company and he is the cheapest too.