“Book a trip with Alex now!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alex's Aquatic Adventures

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
1125 Ala Moana Blvd Honolulu Hawaii 96814, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96816 (Ala Moana - Kakaako)
+1 808-232-3193
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 355 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Alex Mason. I am a PADI Master Instructor which is the highest instructor rating you can achieve from the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. I have been teaching SCUBA-diving in Hawaii for over 13 years with a perfect safety record. I am able to teach all courses from Discover SCUBA diving all the way through to dive master, I am also qualified to teach 18 different specialties.If you are looking for a small company that takes pride in what it does, you have definitely found the right place! I take out very small groups: a maximum of four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor for both the Open Water Certification course and our Discover SCUBA diving ADVENTURE! My maximum ratio for licensed SCUBA divers is 6 to 1; however 90% of the time we have between two and four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor.This does not mean I can not manage larger groups; I definitely can. For larger groups, I would employ dive masters or instructors to help me best suit your needs, giving you the best ADVENTURE ever. I will still manage the day and make sure everything runs smoothly, as I am always present with you on the boat. My company is small enough to care; my management skills are excellent so I can organize any size group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Book a trip with Alex now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Alex is definitely the person you want instructing your diving experience. His patience, professionalism, and generosity are unmatched by the other diving companies in the area. I had absolutely no diving experience at all and it never proved to be an issue.

I purchased the "Discover Scuba Diving" package and couldn't be more pleased. Alex teaches the basics assuming you have absolutely no knowledge of diving (which you likely don't if you go with this package). By the time I hit the water, I felt completely comfortable and confident in my newfound abilities.

Make no mistake-even the "Discover Scuba Diving" package is a full blown scuba experience. Alex doesn't burden you with all of the complicated things you would need to learn to be certified-this is designed to give you a snapshot of scuba diving. I dove to the reefs outside of Oahu and discovered hundreds of fish, corals, and even a few white tip sharks! Also, I got to get up close and personal with several sea turtles.

This was an experience I will never forget. It is absolutely worth every penny I paid-and then some! Don't hesitate-book your scuba experience with Alex now!

Visited June 2013

Santa Rosa, California
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome executive dives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I dove with Alex for 5 days of executive diving - he was great and we such a memorable time. We dove off of Waikiki most days, but also dove from the west side of Oahu one day, which was well worth the extra time.
Prior to this, all of our dives had been from the Northern Coast of California. Alex taught us a lot and made us very comfortable with both boat diving and deep dives. He got me down to less weight than I expected in warm water (I had been using 24 lbs in cold water) and got down to 9 lbs in warm water!
Alex is very thorough and knowledgeable, and he conveys information effectively and instills confidence in his divers. He is very responsible and we always felt safe and attended to. He is well worth the price of the executive dives. You are not going to find anyone else offering this type of service with his caliber of skill. We highly recommend diving with Alex. We plan on diving with him whenever we are back on the island.
Alex was also very accommodating and encouraging. He understood our wants as well as concerns, and did not push us beyond our comfort level. Before diving with Alex, the deepest we had been was 41 ft. At the Sea Tiger, we went to 104 ft and were completely at ease.
Upon our arrival to Oahu, there was the strongest southern swell in 10 years, so the first day of diving had to be cancelled due to unsafe conditions. Though disappointed with Mother Nature, we were reminded to respect her and we appreciated that we were able to rely on Alex's and the boat captain's good sense and experience in keeping us away from potential harm.
Diving with Alex is an experience of a life time, and we can’t wait to go with him again!

Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
“Experienced diving guide - fun time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a fantastic time diving with Alex! He greeted us on time and was very friendly and knowledgeable. The boat staff was fun and everyone on board had a great time. We booked a private (executive) trip with him so he was our personal guide for diving that day. (Many companies share boats to keep costs down.) He is passionate about diving and pointed out very cool things to see while underwater. The photos were a bonus! The pictures turned out clear and colors are vibrant. We will definitely dive with him again when we return to the island! Thanks, Alex!

Visited May 2013
New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our planned dive was cancelled due to weather and Eric could not get through on the phone in our apartment which was not working. Most people would have waited for us to call when our pick up ride didn't occur. Very impressed that he drove over in person to let us know.

Visited April 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California
9 attraction reviews
“Perfect Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was a little nervous to dive by myself, but I wanted to dive in Hawaii while vacationing with non diving family. I chose Alex's Aquatic Adventures because of the web site statement and the promising things said about Eric. I am so glad I did, Eric is everything stated about him and more. From the moment Eric picked me up at my hotel I felt comfortable. He is an excellent dive master. The whole day, and I did 4 dives, was focused on making sure I had a great dive experience. The only bad thing is that I am a spoiled now. Eric has set the bar very high!

Visited March 2013