“Kani Ka Pila is as outstanding as always over the years!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kani Ka Pila Grille

Kani Ka Pila Grille
2169 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)
808-924-4990
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Kansas City, Missouri
“Kani Ka Pila is as outstanding as always over the years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have been coming to Hawai'i and the Outrigger Reef on the beach over my lifetime since my parents brought me growing up, to now when I can bring my own kids. LOVE this place!!
The setting is outstanding, and each night I was there this trip I caught the music of Brother Noland and another local band which were AMAZING!! Very enjoyable music to relax with!
But the Kani Ka Pila while it excels with dinner and its location, also serves the rooms in the Outrigger especially for breakfast. And this is where it gets 5 stars from us. I have eaten Kani Ka Pila since I was here as a boy in the early 80's (aging myself I know), and since those cherished memories as a boy, to now as a man with kids of his own, I LOVE the breakfasts served by Kani Ka Pila! Their mac nut and banana pancakes are OUT OF THIS WORLD ONO! Their bacon has always been perfect and crispy but not overdone, their eggs are a treat, and the potatoes the way they are cooked are second to none, coupled with a little POG juice and Kona coffee it is an excellent way to start the day! I can't wait to return soon for more!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Omaha, Nebraska
“Reasonably priced, especially the wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

A really nice grille with good food and great service. for Waikiki, the price of the wines were really reasonable.

Visited November 2012
Sydney
“Hawaiian Music at it's best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a great place to come anytime of the day, however nighttime is especially wonderful due to the nightly entertainment provided by local Hawaiian musicians. It is not unusual for them to be joined by their families and to see some native hula dancing in a relaxed and informal atmosphere.
The food served by the Kani Ka Pila Grille is fresh and delicious with generous portion sizes.
The Grilles' location poolside just adds to the ambience.

Visited November 2012
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Fell upon this place while looking for a meal where we didn't have to line up and we're so pleasantly surprised - first by the live Hawaiian music, the setting and then by the service and meal. We ordered a piña colada and linguine and both the drinks and the food was delicious. The server, Mikey couldn't have been sweeter. It was like going back in time - to where the customer is not just a dollar sign but a welcomed guest. The live band was awesome, playing upbeat Hawaiian songs with a small troupe of hula dancers. It was just a lovely surprise and we will be going back there for sure. They also serve breakfast I am told and it is all poolside!!! Very sweet.

South Beloit, Illinois
“Lovely outdoor restaurant with fresh food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is in the Outrigger hotel. It was a little hard for us to figure out because there isn't a sign for it on the street. There is a parking lot nearby where you can park for $4 + &1.50 for additional hours. You might want to make a reservation because we almost didn't get a table with an umbrella because they were all reserved and it was sprinkling. Someone extended their reservation an hour, and we were able to use their table. They had live Hawaiian music which was lovely. The food got to us in lightning speed!!! I had their fresh catch of the day mahi mahi it was delicious! Our server was very attentive. There are lighted torches surrounding the tables and it was awesome! My husband ordered a burger and he said it was one of the best he's ever had! Very glad we had dinner here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere