“Amazing Canoe Tour” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #20 of 355 Activities in Honolulu
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience ADVENTURE away from the crowds!!! Hawaiian Surf Adventures offers Surf Lessons (which include a boat ride to an un-crowded surf break), Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Rentals, fabulous Adventure Boat Tours AND the beloved Hawaiian double-hull Canoe Tour! Specializing in beginners, we keep our classes small and our instruction is sincere.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reno
“Amazing Canoe Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our canoe tour was better than expected! Our guide, Nobi, was very helpful and thorough with instruction and technique. Canoeing as a team was so much fun and I got to meet a lot of people from all over. It was a lot easier than I expected as well since we all worked together and were able to take some scenic and swimming breaks in the beautiful bay. And an added bonus: we saw three sea turtles! Also, the tour was amazing! Nobi had so many interesting facts about Hawaii's geology, civilization, customs, culture, and more. Thanks for the great experience! I'll definitely go on another adventure when I come back to visit.

Visited September 2013
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Aloha and thank you so much for the 5-star review! We hope that you DO come back to see us! All the best to you and thank you, Lisa :)

Honolulu, Hawaii
33 attraction reviews
“Great learning adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I live on Oahu but this was my first outrigger canoe ride. The excursion was different than I thought it would be but I really enjoyed it. I learned so much about the history of Hawaii and I really appreciated our guides knowledge of the islands. I've only lived here two years and it has inspired me to want to learn more. Thank you for the adventure.

Visited September 2013
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Aloha! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the canoe tour! If there's anything we could have done to earn that 5th star, please let me know! My email is lisa@hawaiiansurfadventures.com or call us at (808) 396-2324. I hope you'll come visit us again! All the best, Lisa :)
Wichita, Kansas
38 attraction reviews
“Double-Hull Canoe Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We tried this adventure the first day we were on the island...had a great time! Nobi was an amazing guide...very knowledgeable and fun! Be ready for a good arm workout. There are a few rests between bouts of rowing. Beautiful scenery and a fun trip!

Tallahassee, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“talk more than paddle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

While I like learning about the Hawaiian history, I was expecting that I could go farther out to see the island. It ended up the tour guide talked most of the time - a two-hour tour was just like a 30-minute tour to me.

Visited September 2013
Aloha! Thank you for joining us for the Canoe Tour! I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy learning about the Hawaiian culture, history and geography - most of our visitors are thrilled to gain this education. Sounds like you wanted to paddle more, which I can understand - it's so much fun! I see you are from Honolulu, so if you really enjoyed paddling, I'd recommend joining a paddling team - It's a great team sport! Thank you for visiting us, Lisa
Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“awesome time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

came here through good old group-on, was very pleased. instructor was a "true" local who was passionate about the islanders history which made the canoe ride all the more interesting. definite must activity.
location is next to hunama bay which is a must see place for snorkeling after the canoe ride.

Visited August 2013
Aloha Steve! Thank you for joining us on the canoe tour and then taking the time to enjoy your great experience! If there's anything we could have done to earn that 5th star, please email and let me know - lisa@hawaiiansurfadventures.com. Thank you so much! Lisa :)